Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.3 Toyota Cruise Control Retro-Fit

abraxas

Thought i would give this cruise control option a go on my trusty 2007 X-TR, only £12.35 with the screws from my supplier.

Works as designed.

Can confirm works on 2006 XT4 auto. Simple install, cutout a bit fiddly, used a hole saw eventually, worked a treat. Stalk came with cable and screws. Uncanny that everything is just already there.

Screenshot_20181016-212139.jpg

IMG_20181011_130559.jpg

Screenshot_20181016-212139.jpg

Thanks guys, fitted one to mine last month. Ridiculously simple

Well done. the hardest part is cutting and finishing the hole neatly.

There are trim covers available. I think it would be more difficult to cut the correct shaped hole to fit but if you make a mess of the hole they could be used to cover up the mess with some modifications.

Screenshot_20181017-091348.jpg

With these covers it's best to leave as much plastic as possible around the hole. The first time I tried it I cut away too much plastic and couldn't get the cover to fit flush.Second time, I used a Dremel to cut two slots - theres a locating lug on one edge and a clip on the other - the slot was made slightly longer than the lug and clip so that the cover could be moved a little for the best fit. There are a couple of very small  locating pegs on the edge of the cover which I cut off with a blade. I the applied a bead of silicon adhesive nearthe edge of the cover - checked that it was in the correct position when the lever was moved - then taped the cover in place whilst the silicon cured. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone with a 2009 model retrofit a CC? I tried and for me it didn't work. I will post some pictures next week with the switch and the wires.