Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Change?

Stupidmia

At which service do Toyota change the oil?

Mine had its 3 yr service last August and I have just checked oil (still at top mak on dipstick) and done one of them spot tests that come with the BG244..that shows somewhere between Good and Change (although only did it 10 mins ago and it says to leave for 1hr..but it seems to be getting lighter..rather than darker).

With all the posts about Sr180 and T180 engines failing...it gets me a bit worried.

Mine has 28K on it...so is it more like 40K I will expect probs?

Oil is changed every 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first.

A few folk hereon are chaging it more frequently even than that due to short journeys.

Why worry about yer engine giving problems when it is warrantied to 2015 as reported ad infinitum / nauseum / dum dee dum?

Posi Kev....furnoo.

Not sure what you mean about the oil change? But the service includes an engine oil and filter change. You're service book tells you what intervals the oil change is. If its like my Avensis T180 then its every 10k or 1 year...

At which service do Toyota change the oil?

Mine had its 3 yr service last August and I have just checked oil (still at top mak on dipstick) and done one of them spot tests that come with the BG244..that shows somewhere between Good and Change (although only did it 10 mins ago and it says to leave for 1hr..but it seems to be getting lighter..rather than darker).

With all the posts about Sr180 and T180 engines failing...it gets me a bit worried.

Mine has 28K on it...so is it more like 40K I will expect probs?

Toyota change the engine oil with every service as far as I am aware, don't worry about your car just enjoy it as it will be under engine warranty for the next 3 yrs or up to 112k miles if it's a 2008 model. It's not using any oil so that's good, just check the levels once a week and you should be fine but any sign of water loss take it into the dealers.

Regards Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links