Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Vvt-I

lasthope

how do you adjust handbrake on avensis vvt-i 1.8 petrol year 2000 thanks

cheers mate seems a bit diffent,my one has 5 studs and a peep hole on hub looks like the adjust but i cant see it lol

If its like my Avensis then it'll have a rubber bung on the hub that pulls off to adjust the inner parking shoe. Make sure the peep hole is at the bottom (Closest the road) and get a flat head screw driver in to adjust the shoe. Anch;s did a guide on the RAV forum on how its done that helped me with mine...

Have a look at this page. Its for the RAV4, which has got rear brake discs, but everything else should be the same as on your car. Oh, there's two major differences. The adjuster is located on upper end of the the brake drum on your car, and when correctly adjusted, the handbrake lever travel should be 4 to 7 clicks.

http://www.toyotaown...showtopic=77297

cheers lads i found the plug well never had one in,,i only looked on drives side,but i cant see that wheel thing i turned the hub around slow useing a touch to, cant see a thing lol,so i dont no if car has one one and its on left side or not,,handbrake is working on last click,mot dude says it needs doing so it might pay to buy new shoes cheers davy

It will have one on both rear hubs so you can adjust both of them! I bought my inner hub parking shoes from Euro car parts for £8 for the full set (X4). When you've raised the rear of the car and taken the wheel off to get to the hub, you should be able to adjust the hub up untill the shoes are hoding the drum firm and then slacken it off untill its just about to trun by hand.

Just remember to work safe and use axle stands and chock up the fron wheels...

well cant see any little wheel to adjust it,just been on euro car parts stuck me reg in comes up wanting £35,40 for shoes like

Thats stupid money for them! If they dont need replacing then dont bother with them as they tend to last for ever! The only reason why I changed mine was when I took the hub off the friction material came off in my hands! so had to get a new set. Then one of the inner retaining springs broke so I had to buy a full spring/clip set from mr T that cost over £50 for the sake of a 10p !Removed! spring!... It would have to be a main dealer part only wouldn't it!!!... Take a look on eBay for some prices of shoes...

just been looking on eBay can get shoes and back pads 45quid all in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links