Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Fire

sistersvisions

Really do like the new Aygo, thing it looks fantastic!!

Not sure if I could justify 36 payments of £150 though! Something to consider mind

Looking expensive at over £10k. I have noticed Toyota appear to have lowered their prices slightly recently - a 5 door '+ with A/C' was over 10k, it's now less than this - I wonder if it is in response to VW who have now launched the Up! at £7,995 with their '+' equivalent being less than £10k.

get mine a week tomorrow in the black tbh i think its worth it!!!

it looks alot sportier has better lights, seats, interior , and its only costing me 6 pound extra a month so couldnt say no!!!!!!

Looking expensive at over £10k. I have noticed Toyota appear to have lowered their prices slightly recently - a 5 door '+ with A/C' was over 10k, it's now less than this - I wonder if it is in response to VW who have now launched the Up! at £7,995 with their '+' equivalent being less than £10k.

Toyotas have certainly increased in price in recent years - I assume due to exchange rate but I still rate them compared to other makes for overall ownership costs.

David

I think this looks more expensive one.But it is a really great car.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one about 2 weeks ago! In orange, about £3 a month more than my Aygo blue was :-P I've named her Marigold :-) Now, in the advertisement video in this thread, I noticed the woman has her front "fog" lights on. Is that legal? Because Marigold has front fogs and I'd like to use them at night with my headlights but the salesman at toyota said I was only allowed to use them in fog :-( Anyone know?

post-83079-0-91378500-1333798813_thumb.j

You are supposed to use foglights only in fog or falling snow. Commonly this is taken as being visibility less than a few hundred metres. However there are plenty of idiots who like dazzling everyone else in their quest for 24 hour daylight and the police rarely seem to do anything, so feel free to join them. If I pass you going the other way you may hear me shout "twit" as I pass :)

Personally, I never use the front fogs now - I've tried them in various conditions from pea-soup up and never found them to be appreciably better than the headlights which I use on dip or main according to what works best from moment to moment. 30 years ago headlights were not that good and street lights were less common, so a pair of fogs could help some. But modern headlights are generally adequate, so front fogs are mainly a fashion accessory.

Rear fog I only use if there is nothing visible behind (and it's foggy!) - I want my brake lights to have an impact on the person behind.

You are supposed to use foglights only in fog or falling snow. Commonly this is taken as being visibility less than a few hundred metres. However there are plenty of idiots who like dazzling everyone else in their quest for 24 hour daylight and the police rarely seem to do anything, so feel free to join them. If I pass you going the other way you may hear me shout "twit" as I pass :)

I know you're only supposed to use them in fog but I see so many others using them! And it looks so nice!! :-p When I used to use my foglights on my old car I got beeped and flashed at pretty much by every car, but noone has done that with my new car, even when I have passed police cars :o Maybe some fog lights are not as dazzling? I don't know, maybe I shouldn't use them :(

Personally use them all the time on our Aygo and never been flashed, MOT man never said they were an issue either.

I prefer them as they light up the edge of the roads better at night and also add extra light as the standard Aygo headlight bulbs are not that great!

get mine a week tomorrow in the black tbh i think its worth it!!!

it looks alot sportier has better lights, seats, interior , and its only costing me 6 pound extra a month so couldnt say no!!!!!!

What have they changed with regards to the seats? Apart from different fabrics? I noticed they've made the interior darker, meaning it shouldn't show scuffs as much.

On a side note, I sat in a Volkswagen Up a couple of weeks ago, eyeing it as a possible replacement for the Aygo further down the line. It's very nice, but lacking in character compared with the Aygo. I've heard quite a few people say the same. Plus the Aygo is more economical - the press seem to believe this is "negligible".

I know you're only supposed to use them in fog but I see so many others using them! And it looks so nice!! :-p When I used to use my foglights on my old car I got beeped and flashed at pretty much by every car, but noone has done that with my new car, even when I have passed police cars :o Maybe some fog lights are not as dazzling? I don't know, maybe I shouldn't use them :(

You are not supposed to use them unless it's foggy - end of. If you think they look nice, then buy some daytime running lights instead! They don't look nice to everyone else - they just dazzle us instead! So please - turn them off! For the sake of our eyes and the law!

Personally use them all the time on our Aygo and never been flashed, MOT man never said they were an issue either.

I prefer them as they light up the edge of the roads better at night and also add extra light as the standard Aygo headlight bulbs are not that great!

Upgrade your headlight bulbs then rather than dazzle everyone :driving:

I second that! Fog light are for FOG! There seems to be a lot of confusion with day running lights, which on some cars are in a similar place to fog lights.

I know a lot of people use them, either through ignorance, or " because they look good" ( then dont") However I will give you a £30 if you pass me at work with them on! ;)

You have daytime running lights..........................

ONLY use fogs when it is foggy, it is illegal and is very dazzling to other drivers, hence why you were flashed and beeped at!

Fog lights can be used as day time running lights in conjunction with rear and parking lights in some countries (e.g. Sweden) during the day time. They should never be used along with the dipped beam lights, if you do not have a foggy situation. There is a heavy fine for those who use them in the latter situation here.