Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica T Sport Vsc/tc/ Engine Warning Lights On

paul t sport

Recently got my 54 plate celica t sport back from repaire (engine rebuild after snapped con rod) Car perfect for 24 hours but now the VSC and traction control 'off' warning lights along with the engine warning light are persisently on, I rang mechanic who said bring it back Monday but I'm scared in case my poor car breaks down again! would the engine warning light come on as a response to the VSC/ TC issue? or is it likely to be something else I have to worry about as well?

Buy or borrow an OBDII code reader, once you have the code, post it up on here and someone will tell you where your problem lies :)

• 4 weeks later...

yeah agree with scarlett, if you got an android you can order the elm327 adapter from eBay for about 12 quid, download the app "torque lite" for free and bob´s your uncle, prob just somethin stupid like the mechanic forgot to reconnect a lambda sensor or somethin!

sorry for late reply thanks for the answers, car is going in to be checked early next week wish me luck!

Buy or borrow an OBDII code reader, once you have the code, post it up on here and someone will tell you where your problem lies :)

Hi How can you get this OBDII code reader?

go to main board gonna put some info there.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the help guys, just updating this to say its now sorted! my mechanic fixed a horrible buzzing/ vibrating noise that turned out to be the exhaust manifold heat shield being loose, a happy side effect is the warning lights have all gone out! so problems all fixed, my celica looks, feels and drives almost like brand new again :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links