Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whp Power Loss - Help And Sugestions Please

S c o t t y

hey everyone , took my corolla t sport for a dyno and it turned out pretty crap to be honest , after 100k miles i ran 182 hp at the fly and 142 at the wheels

from what have seen the 142 is very low compared to other peoples dyno's , should 187-189 and 155-160 at the wheels as standard

i have only lost about 5 hp at the fly wheel but have lost nearly 20 WHP , the clutch doesn't slip atleast not noticably ( put in high gear and floor it if was on its way out it would slip ? )

any help would be great cheers

S c o t t y

There are so many variables, you could really do with another CTS going on the same Dyno to give you some kind of benchmark.

Is your car standard? Ran on 95 or 98 Petrol? Lift Bolts replaced? Recently serviced? Etc Etc

Power drop off relates to my original point, but IIRC my old CTS did 208/165 i think...

car had k&n typhoon and a back box ran on 95 , had a service befor with TRD oil filter and changed to fully synthetic with new toyota plugs

lift cross over is still harsh so would think lift bolts are still ok ?

On the surface all sounds good :ermm:

Another car really needs to go on though IMO

another CTS or any car? should be a CTS realy i guess :( , im trying to get my mate to dyno his anyway since he's on 90k miles and has k&n typhoon with sports cat and cat back exhaust so time will tell with his result i guess , if his reads higher at the wheels what could it be ? worn fly? clutch ? need new gbox fluid?

Front calipers binding? Cant see it being a trans issue only the clutch, but youd know it if was slipping to that extent.

My moneys on the dyno youve been on being either run by someone who doesnt know how to use it or is not that accurate.

40 bhp loss from the fly suggests that you cars got a >20% trans loss which if you car was 4wd would be about right. Fwd cars should only have between 10-15% loss.

From my limited experience of Dyno's it's more about the operator / Dyno equipment than the car itself

A poor operator / cooling / Dyno can make a huge difference with the figures produced

Kingo :thumbsup:

My last dyno run had me losing 20% thought the transmission so I wouldn't worry too much like.

another CTS or any car? should be a CTS realy i guess :( , im trying to get my mate to dyno his anyway since he's on 90k miles and has k&n typhoon with sports cat and cat back exhaust so time will tell with his result i guess , if his reads higher at the wheels what could it be ? worn fly? clutch ? need new gbox fluid?

Got to be another CTS, ideally one that you know performs the same.

• 1 month later...

hey everyone ,just got off the rollers and pulled 206 bhp at the flywheel and 147 at the wheels ,so since my last dyno i gained 24 bhp and only 5 to the wheels :-/ surely thats not right ?

cheers

S c o t t y

Rolling roads are very unreliable. As stated in this thread already, a power output can be affected greatly by the operator, cooling, wheel slip etc. Not to mention that the RR itself could just be out.

If you really are wanting to know how much BHP you car has then take it too a ¼ mile strip. You can calculate your BHP from your terminal speed and time. I think that this is one of the most realiable ways to get the info that you want...