Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hids

Liason909

Hey guys, just about to order an HID kit, and wondering whether to go for 6000K or 8000K. Corolla is in silver, but I have never even seen another corolla with HIDs. Im thinking the more blue colour might be better on my car?

Thanks in advance :)

Also does anyone know what the little access panels for the headlights are called? Lost one and I can't find them anywhere!

Just a heads up , HIDs are illegal as of jan 1st 2012 unless fitted with projectors ,self levellers and headlamp washers.

so it will fail your next MOT unless you find a friendly tester or take them out .

Anyway depends if your wanting them for the looks or for the function , i prefer the former .I have a 55watt 6000k pure white kit and the difference between it and stock is literally nite and day for illumination of the road.

Also better hope you dont get pulled by a clued up cop ,i did towards the end of jan and he was like i saw you coming because of the lights (he was well up a side rd) ,what are they .I was like xenons he was like o kool be on your way .Now he was abit daft but others are not depends if you want to risk it ,i personally couldnt care less im not going back to stock.

I tried both & preferred the 6000k only because the light output was far greater.... Plus not as noticeable as 8000k because they are blue!

The higher you go the brighter they get but that will effect how much light output you get.

Wether or not HID kits are illegal or not, 55w bulbs are rubbish in comparison. Even 100w bulbs (which again are illegal) are not even close in light output when compared to a HID kit - although there alot better than 55w bulbs!

The new law comes in on the 1st of april and for the first 4 months (till august) is only an advisory and not a fail.

6k are slightly blue, 8k are more so. Theres not much difference in light output between the two.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links