Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 D4D Knocking Sound From Engine

tonymadboy

hi all iv a 2008 auris 1.4 d4d i could start the car for first time each day it would start with-out any problems but mabie 2 days out of 7 when i start it for the first time it would be different there would be a knocking rattleing sound from engine that lasts between 4 to 8 seconds then it disappears and car drives smooth and perfect what could be the problem ?, question 2 car could be ticking over nicely in traffic alot of times but then in my next stop while ticking over i would hear a knocking sound from engine for bout 4-6 seconds and then disappear and car would perfect again it might do this once in 20 stops while waiting in traffic thats just mabie once a day and it might do that 2 days out of the 7 what could it be ? do you think these things that iv described are something to worry about, meant to mention if i started it today for first time it could be louder today than it was the last time it made the knocking sound and vice versa

Welcome to TOC...

Could be piston slap? Injector rattle... What fuel are you using? Have you got the correct grade of oil in the engine? Open up the bonnet (When cold) and try and hear if its coming from the top or bottom of engine, it could be something else like a drive belt? How many miles on the clock?

Take a vid and post it up on here so we can see and hear it mate...

only 25.000 miles yes 25.000 i would post a video of it but like i said its very hard to know when its going to make that noise and when it does it lasts for such a short time, it could start 9 out of 10 times without it happening and the same goes for when im stoped and its ticking over , it only happens at times its hard to figure it out, meant to say sometimes when its started for first time it could be louder than other times

hi all iv a 2008 auris 1.4 d4d i could start the car for first time each day it would start with-out any problems but mabie 2 days out of 7 when i start it for the first time it would be different there would be a knocking rattleing sound from engine that lasts between 4 to 8 seconds then it disappears and car drives smooth and perfect what could be the problem ?, question 2 car could be ticking over nicely in traffic alot of times but then in my next stop while ticking over i would hear a knocking sound from engine for bout 4-6 seconds and then disappear and car would perfect again it might do this once in 20 stops while waiting in traffic thats just mabie once a day and it might do that 2 days out of the 7 what could it be ? do you think these things that iv described are something to worry about, meant to mention if i started it today for first time it could be louder today than it was the last time it made the knocking sound and vice versa

= = = =

hi matey

one or two injectors are about to die.

in details --- they pour diesel instead of sharp spray. this leads to over fueling cylinder/s giving you this rattle noise.

The cure is only one -- to test all four injectors on fuel stand + calibrate their jets (make them equalized).

The possible reasons:

- poor quality of injector tip;

- poor diesel quality with sulfur;

- overheating of injector tip (due to over fueling !!!)

Good luck

Igor

Try running a fuel cleaner through the system! Something like BG244 and see if that will clear/clean the injector spray pattern. If that doesn't work then it could be (Like Igor says) that the injectors have had it... But this could be a cheaper fix if BG244 works... www.powerenhancers.co.uk they have a sale on, so if toy want a discount code let me know... Works out delivered at just shy of £20...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links