Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is Correct Engine Oil For 1.4 D4D Auris 2008

tonymadboy

hi all can anyone tell me what is the correct engine oil for a 2008 1.4 d4d auris, i do know there is two different types one for auris that has particulate filter and one for the auris that dont have particulate filter , my auris is the one that doesnt have particulate filter iv heard so many different storys from people for what oil it takes most say its 5/w 30 but iv heard it also has to be low ash oil and c2 spec, can anyone tell me what is the correct type , ps my climate is uk, if wrong oil is put in and its the oil for car with particulate filter it could damage the cat on exhaust of cars with no particulate filter , i know its confusing some of the 1.4 d4d have them and some dont i think its the 6 speed that have them so i dont want to get the 2 cars mixed up and put in the wrong oil , thats why im looking for the proper type for my car non particulate filter

Hello,

5/W30 is fine. I bought a 4L bottle last week, simply put my reg number into the Halfords.co.uk website and it told me. (I just wanted to use it to confirm) - I bought some fully synthetic.

I'm also in the UK, car's been running all week absolutely fine - infact I could swear its a little quieter.

I have the same year but 2.0 d-4-d - I to struggled on working out the numbers when looking at oil.

The picture attached is from Opie Oils who confirmed any of the three oils were good for the D4D

I ended up buying Castrol Magnatec 4L 5W-30 A1 Engine Oil - http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0042EUI16

Hope it helps with a few pointers for more info

post-117057-0-08768000-1331967866_thumb.

Mine runs on Edge 5W-30. 2AD engine though...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links