Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Did You Buy A Toyota?

Gods_gift

BMW is one make of car that I have not considered...

Quality is spot on so is the engineering and in a different class to the Rav.. Sounds snobbish but just don't like the badge any longer.. Besides Audi are so much nicer ..............

SUV league table

26511111490.jpg

Charlie, Spot on mate :thumbsup: - BMW Quality is without a doubt in a different class to the Rav ;) Shame you are put off by the Badge - probably about the only thing the owners liked :D

Oh, and the legendary Audi ....

255111112219.jpg

255111194633.jpg

Yup, I think you were right to consider the Audi above the BMW :yes: lesser of 2 evils :)

Maybe YOUR experiences of Audis are not shared by every other Audi driver? and maybe that is also true of your experiences of the RAV4?

I'll stick to the RAV4, cheers chum :thumbsup:

I've done lots of work on BMWs and VWs, some of them quite new. I've done less on Audi's.

I've done lots of work on Toyotas for various reasons. I certainly don't consider the German cars any better quality although they are often more stylish.

Jedi, please don't drive while you are on drink and drugs will you buddy.

BMW is one make of car that I have not considered...

Quality is spot on so is the engineering and in a different class to the Rav.. Sounds snobbish but just don't like the badge any longer.. Besides Audi are so much nicer ..............

SUV league table

26511111490.jpg

Charlie, Spot on mate :thumbsup: - BMW Quality is without a doubt in a different class to the Rav ;) Shame you are put off by the Badge - probably about the only thing the owners liked :D

Oh, and the legendary Audi ....

255111112219.jpg

255111194633.jpg

Yup, I think you were right to consider the Audi above the BMW :yes: lesser of 2 evils :)

Maybe YOUR experiences of Audis are not shared by every other Audi driver? and maybe that is also true of your experiences of the RAV4?

I'll stick to the RAV4, cheers chum :thumbsup:

I am a member on AudiSRS. Not one owner on that site has had to have a replacement engine.... Very few have issues with rattly squeaky interiors... My car has had squeaks and rattles from day 1 .. I had to replace the drivers seat because it was not possible to stop it creaking... Mt steering has been knocking from day 1 Lets not even mention mechanicals..

Even after all this for Some MAD reason I still quite like the Rav 4 as an all round competent vehicle,, But quality ? Errr that's just mad..

You refuse to hear a bad word and I suspect its because You have bought one.....

Lets face facts.. You posted MPG in Your sig strip is quite simply appalling.... The cars performance is way below par but I suspect coming from a QQ it doesent seem that bad ?

150 BHP from a modern 2.2 Diesel is way off the pace also.. Torque is also low. Fuel economy is laughable.

The figures You have posted above surely cant take in all the engine failure as if they did the car would score nothing...

I never pay attention to those type of things anyway as figures in those things are so easily massaged..

Personal experience is what counts....

I think we should be guided by what the 'U' in SUV stands for - UTILITY

IMO, the RAV is a competent and versatile all-rounder that incorporates the qualities of several different types of vehicle at a reasonable purchase price with reasonable running costs and reasonable, though not outstanding, economy.

Dealer back up seems to be reassuring too.

It is NOT a luxury cruiser or an executive express................

Charlie ....

1) They are results from thousands of drivers and owners, not a sample of ONE (you). No doubt you think everyone who has had an engine failure was excluded from the survey?

2) I don't have any need, reason or desire to defend my reasons for buying a RAV4. I have been on this forum from 2006, and am well aware of the various foibles of the RAV4s and other Toyotas that people have experienced and have used that information to help my decision making. For example, I would not have bought a T180 due to the BSRs; I would not have bought a RAV4.2 D2D due to the DMF.

The RAV4 suits me. An Audi to me is an ugly overstyled vehicle and I dislike the looks of them and the image they have enough to NEVER consider buying one, irrespective of how well engineered YOU think they are. I will never know how wonderful they really are as I am unlikely to ever have one. Read above for BMW as well. Oh well, my loss. I'll live.

150BHP way of the pace? maybe it is, but fine for me, thanks :yes: Torque low? good enough for me. I guess maybe it is because I am used to milk floats and not rocket ships like you?

My MPG is MY MPG, not an overall figure to base an decision on. If I have a lead foot, that is MY problem, not yours. Look at Andys MPG - outstanding MPG, and I don't think the difference is the Auto box alone. Why not quote his as an example? Using selective 'facts' are not a way to convince people of your reasoning.

3) You are acting like some kind of butterfly.... one moment saying you prefer your RAV4 over the Jag as a long distance cruiser, then next saying the RAV is a rough hack; One day you were about to buy a RAV4 SR and the next it is an ancient piece of junk same as all RAV4s. Sorry but you are coming across to me with the latest stuff like a Jedi Mk II . No one is saying RAV4s are perfect by any means, but nor are any other cars.

4) Personal experience counts, but take off the blinkers! You say you had knocking this and squeaking that in the RAV4? You also have said that you got the RAV4 at a knockdown price? ever considered that the two were somehow linked, huh?

And as as far as no squeaks on your Audis .... you run your cars typically for about 1 year? hardly time for squeaks and rattles to emerge in ANY car - maybe the thousands of people in those surveys have longer running time then you do in their examples?

Ah, Personal Experience ... Good point. My brother had a Audi A6 TDi - his opinion IIRC - POS and he couldn't wait to get rid. So there we go, the closest personal experience I have of an Audi V a Toyota ... Toyota Wins!

Charlie ....

1) They are results from thousands of drivers and owners, not a sample of ONE (you). No doubt you think everyone who has had an engine failure was excluded from the survey?

2) I don't have any need, reason or desire to defend my reasons for buying a RAV4. I have been on this forum from 2006, and am well aware of the various foibles of the RAV4s and other Toyotas that people have experienced and have used that information to help my decision making. For example, I would not have bought a T180 due to the BSRs; I would not have bought a RAV4.2 D2D due to the DMF.

The RAV4 suits me. An Audi to me is an ugly overstyled vehicle and I dislike the looks of them and the image they have enough to NEVER consider buying one, irrespective of how well engineered YOU think they are. I will never know how wonderful they really are as I am unlikely to ever have one. Read above for BMW as well. Oh well, my loss. I'll live.

150BHP way of the pace? maybe it is, but fine for me, thanks :yes: Torque low? good enough for me. I guess maybe it is because I am used to milk floats and not rocket ships like you?

My MPG is MY MPG, not an overall figure to base an decision on. If I have a lead foot, that is MY problem, not yours. Look at Andys MPG - outstanding MPG, and I don't think the difference is the Auto box alone. Why not quote his as an example? Using selective 'facts' are not a way to convince people of your reasoning.

3) You are acting like some kind of butterfly.... one moment saying you prefer your RAV4 over the Jag as a long distance cruiser, then next saying the RAV is a rough hack; One day you were about to buy a RAV4 SR and the next it is an ancient piece of junk same as all RAV4s. Sorry but you are coming across to me with the latest stuff like a Jedi Mk II . No one is saying RAV4s are perfect by any means, but nor are any other cars.

4) Personal experience counts, but take off the blinkers! You say you had knocking this and squeaking that in the RAV4? You also have said that you got the RAV4 at a knockdown price? ever considered that the two were somehow linked, huh?

And as as far as no squeaks on your Audis .... you run your cars typically for about 1 year? hardly time for squeaks and rattles to emerge in ANY car - maybe the thousands of people in those surveys have longer running time then you do in their examples?

Ah, Personal Experience ... Good point. My brother had a Audi A6 TDi - his opinion IIRC - POS and he couldn't wait to get rid. So there we go, the closest personal experience I have of an Audi V a Toyota ... Toyota Wins!

I have never questioned the ability as a round the houses and as a great distance machine.. But it is rough around the edges.. That is not meant as a put down more an observation of fact as I see it...

The Rav gets used over distances for one main reason.. I have to get all Our gear in for sometimes several weeks.... A quantity of tools when working on My Sons house.. Plus 2 or three large hard rifle cases.. This it does very well..

This treatment I would not do to the Jag.. Thats why I bought a rough around the edges workhorse

A Jedi ?? Well if You wish to get personal carry on.. That just means You are loosing the argument.. Frankly I expected better from You..

All You do is slate every other car and Your car is the dogs danglies...

I am not slating Your car.. I am simply pointing out that the power is low and consumption is high...

The Rav has some very good qualities.. Sadly the legendary Toyota reliability is in the case of some model Years not one of them..

Jedi, please don't drive while you are on drink and drugs will you buddy.

Why? What did you put in my brew? It was'nt something synthetic was it :unsure:

They all have problems, but I've never heard of a crankshaft snapping on any??

And the only time I've heard piston rings going faulty, is when the engine had 600bhp running through it :D

Most German engines can be cranked up to 50%, even more that std bhp..... Without changing any internals.

Putting supermarket fuel in a 2AD is pushing it apparently :lol:

I read on another thread that most people start off looking on these forums because they generally have a problem with their car or want to check out what problems to check for when purchasing a car. All makes seem to have problems in various forms and I have been on BMW and Hyundai forums for the father in law who did not have computer access. Going back to why people choose a particular make, depends on loads more as you can read my post above I only need enough power for 2.4 children to get to tesco or the coast for a holiday whereas others need the extra power etc. If you can only afford one car then you might fancy a two seated sports car but in reallity you end up with a suv or people carrier ( or you leave your children at home, ha ha ) I brought the rav for a good all round car that I need right now, was affordable and practical. I would also add that I liked the Audi allroad that was sitting on the forecourt next to the rav but the wife said no way I'm not driving that it's horrible, so we did look at various other makes and models but still went back for our second Toyota in the end.

And the only time I've heard piston rings going faulty, is when the engine had 600bhp running through it :D

Most German engines can be cranked up to 50%, even more that std bhp..... Without changing any internals.

The Mercedes M272 3.5 v6 used in several models was levelled by piston ring faults. I know about it cause I had to change them in a car we owned MB put there hands up eventually but took loads of dicking around with their customer service muppets before they would entertain there was an issue see here as an example http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/20922-advice-early-slk350-oil-consumption-problem.html

I have just provided the results of what I understand to be the best regarded car survey company in the world. If you choose to discount that out of hand and base all your opinions on your own personal experience, then that is fine and I have no issue with that. BUT ... If you expect everyone else to base their decisions - and for some reason 'defend' themselves (for some reason?) - on YOUR experience is just beyond me!

For many many years it has been the experience of many many organisations - reliability surveys, breakdown companies, magazines, etc. - that the Japanese marques are typically more reliable then European marques, with the occasional entrance by LRJ a couple of times and Skoda (note, Skoda, not any other VAG company).

This JD Power survey actually reaffirms that situation but as I said, it is up to the individual how they take the information.

As far as defending my selection, as repeatedly said, I don't need to defend it,but maybe I will clarify how I came to make it, if that would help?

Quite simply, my car does the job for me. is it the dogs? well, there are many things I would have different in it have no doubt - lots of room for improvements. Other cars I would prefer? well actually, in its class, not many except the Suzuki GV, but I did not fancy a 2.5 Petrol, which was the only reasonable option available, but if someone gave me a GV, I would not be down at heart or embarassed about it. I literally don't give two hoots about the Badge image.

Don't like the looks of the new Kia Sportage, or the Hyundai iX35. CR-V looks ugly as well to me. I am not saying any of those cars are bad, just I don't like the look of them so, call me fickle, I discounted them as contenders. But no one mentioned them, so nor did I until now. but what was mentioned was the Audi and BMW, which is why I posted info on them, not to pick on them at random, but in response to how they are obviously (?!) better then the Toyota and to provide a more balanced and possibly external - via the independent survey - view (though clearly these surveys somehow filter out negativities on the RAV4!?)

Also, as I said, I PERSONALLY do not like the looks of Audi or BMW vehicles (I actually prefer BMWs slightly more). I also REALLY dislike the look of SAABs as it happens. I am allowed to have that opinion, I think, although I am sure hundreds of thousands of people would totally disagree with me, and all power to their elbow :thumbsup:

As far as other SUVs going up the food ladder goes, I do like the look of the Lexus RX and would quite fancy the RX400h actually. I also think the Murano looks good (unlike just about everyone else in the world it would seem?). Going European, I quite like the VW Toerag (unfortunate name to chose for a car), but all of those are at a price I don't really want to pay as I can get a car that I am happy with at a significantly lower price (the RAV4 in fact).

So end of the day, in the class of vehicle I wish to be sat in, the RAV4 is my preferred selection based on price, previous experience of the marque, and product alternatives in the same class.

And the JD Power Survey to ME confirms that I have made a decent choice.

'Nuff said.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............

The Mercedes M272 3.5 v6 used in several models was levelled by piston ring faults. I know about it cause I had to change them in a car we owned MB put there hands up eventually but took loads of dicking around with their customer service muppets before they would entertain there was an issue see here as an example http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/20922-advice-early-slk350-oil-consumption-problem.html

Errr..well.....em............there must have been a beer festival on, and the the manager was off that week.......errr.......Hmmmmm........obviously just the odd few.....slipped through the net........errrrrrr............mmmmmmm.......errrrmmm

Can we........errrrrr.....remove this post as German cars pistons don't fail..............

You vil be all shot!! :lol:

***Vorsprung durch Technik***

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............

Yup, indeed

Just for fun, personal experience of Anthony Clarke

"I last wrote a review on the 18/01/09. So here is my update. Please do not buy the Audi A6. Like Daniel Pinders review, my car drinks more oil than diesel. FACT. It goes in July (Thank God)"

personal experience of Paul Greenway

"2007 56 plate car, owned from new,Out of 42 vehicles owned this is the second worst. It stalls regularly, I cannot get comfortable, it is thirsty, uses lots of oil, section of dashboard coming adrift, paintwork to bonnet poor, has had engine management problems, coolant leak, sat nav gets confused, auto wipers have a mind of their own"

personal experience of C M

"However, whilst the build quality looks good there are some problems. The ride is too choppy and the steering far too light to make the car a real pleasure to drive and whilst the performance is good it doesnt rate well against the BMW 2.5D and certainly not the 3.0D. Inside the cabin there are some problems, the drivers seat has an irritating squeak as does the steering column when turning at low speed"

(sounds like a certain RAV4?)

personal experience of Colin White

"The oil indicator light has come on twice in this period in only 3000 miles. The dealership justified that this was acceptable on the basis that the handbook states that upto 0.5L of oil per 1000 km is 'normal'. This is somewhat of a novel experience as I don't recall having needed to add extra oil between services since I owned my first Morris Marina in 1986! Somewhat surprising that Audi believes that this is OK in 2007"

personal experience of Stephen Jones

"My car cost GBP 55,000 so I therefore expect a lot.......The interior has a number of squeaks and the rear doors trims inside fell off."

Can't be bothered to carry on past page 6 to the next 7 pages, but we know personal experience of a product is most important.

I must admit I do like the big Audi 4X4s and the VWs to look at. If money were no object I would have something posh like that big one with a V10 in it but I couldn't really afford it without making a rather large dent in the pension fund (read that as all of it). Would also be dead (anchorwoman) so not much point.

It'll have to be a RAV I'm afraid. It absolutely romped through some really quite deep snow today which made me smile and feel rather smug. Thats one of the reasons I bought a RAV!!!

I must admit to have watched the news the other day, on is it snake pass up near you? I was waiting for a Decuma Grey Rav to go past with a smug Don waving out the window as you went past the stuck snow plough :lol:

Gus

I must admit I do like the big Audi 4X4s and the VWs to look at. If money were no object I would have something posh like that big one with a V10 in it but I couldn't really afford it without making a rather large dent in the pension fund (read that as all of it). Would also be dead (anchorwoman) so not much point.

It'll have to be a RAV I'm afraid. It absolutely romped through some really quite deep snow today which made me smile and feel rather smug. Thats one of the reasons I bought a RAV!!!

Never for one second have I doubted the ability and capability of the Rav.... I had to go over to Cambridge in the last wee bout of bad weather. Only 4x4s were getting through... On a wet slipway it was and is my best mate.... Coping with sometimes huge loads with the seats folded down is taken in its stride...

Last trip up I had all our gear for 4 weeks... Tools.... Four winter tyres.. 3 large hard rifle cases.... No space was not used but it all went in somehow !!

Comfort is brilliant also thanks to the cracking leather chairs that come as standard in the T180.... Complaints ?? Nah none...

But to those whose only words are of constantly slagging the German cars ( Which is now just getting very boring ) think again.... No car is perfect far from it......

But My personal experiences are not enough to make Me see My car through rose tinted glasses.

This thread is about Toyota's not German cars.. But I repeat the German cars are far superior IMHO .. I have had many and will have more in the future without a doubt....

But constantly knocking them without having owned one is a very hollow shout.. Hoovie doesn't like the looks apparently which is rather odd as when I had My last Audi everyone commented on its good looks....

No one except on Forum has ever commented on the Rav being a nice or good looking car.... Its a workhorse type vehicle.........

I was considering buying another New SR.. Mainly because of the things it does well as above.. My Wife also loves the car as its easy for Her to get in and out of and We can travel a good distance before We have to stop so she can get out and move around a bit...

But the current car lacks specification and still has no spare wheel or the ability to carry one without compromising the luggage space......

In reality which Hoovie hammers home at every given opportunity is that despite the cost of replacement We would be unlikely to be left stranded if a puncture takes place.. With a puncture repair kit the possibility of being left stranded is far far greater cos those kits only work very occasional and that's if the driver is able to use the kit and carry out the repair.. Women simply would not attempt this and if on a Motorway it would be ridiculous for anyone to even try......

The later SR with its auto box is also a sluggish car and has joke style fuel consumption.. This has been mentioned by not only Hoovie who has a lead foot but other Owners as well...

OK if Your mileage is low and You are happy to pay then carry on... But for those of Us that actually use the car to its full potential and with fuel now at 7 quid a gallon AND RISING FAST 32 MPG is not an option and is way off the pace......

I would still for some reason consider a new model when it eventually comes out.. The old and current one is just past its sell by date now and needs upgrading badly......

We need a car that is powerful and economical.. We or at least I want a the choice of a top specification not a watered down version of the T180 that went before the SR as range topper......

Lastly the tyre or spare wheel issue needs sorting once and for all.. Currently and sadly the present situation is a joke and puts off new buyers............

Just one comment ..."his thread is about Toyota's not German cars.. But I repeat the German cars are far superior IMHO"

Umm, you keep mentioning german cars and quoting YOUR opinion about their superiority, which opens the door for others to dispute that if they so wish. You don't need to eat a lemon to know it is sour or to make a comment about it.

I am knocking their looks as TO ME, they are ugly. and I don't care if everyone you have met has commented on how nice they look - why should that change MY mind about their appearance? No one with a RAV4 has commented about the looks in a negative way probably because they would not have bought one if they thought that! personally, I think it was only the facelift in 2011 that made the RAV4.3 look really nice - others have commented that the facelifted version made the car look not as nice - no problems. everyone has their own ideas of what looks good and what does not.

Tell you what though - I WOULD have an Audi Quattro Coupe from around the late '80s vintage - now THAT is a good looking car :thumb: My mate had one around the time I had the Celica GT4 and the Quattro was probably the better motor (it was cooler, that is for sure :) )

Having followed these post which seem to ba case of my car is better than yours type of thing.and people quoting what they read about weekness of certain models.

Taking the mention of injector failures on modern diesels,many people say there is problems with Ford injectors and quote what theve read about them.

Well my neibours son inlaw works at a injection equipment specalists in Norwich and i was talking to him about the subject and he said yes they have plenty of Fords in with injector problems but no more than any other makes.he said unlike earlier injectors, modern ones work at a far higher pressure,but the main problem is the low sulpher content of the disel fuel and the fact they are electronicly controlled.

He added that if people added 2 stroke oil there would not be half the problems with the injectors.he also said that adding things like other fuel additives was just a waste of time as the dosage that was recommended was too small to make any difference.

on the subject of injectors when have you read about petrol engine injectors giving as much trouble as diesel ones,yes they dont work at the same high pressure but diesel fuel has some sort of lubricant as its an oil,where petrol has nolubricant in it. Maybe some one can explain. i never thought to as the neibours son in law.

why do modern engines have problems with oil consumption,

the basic design has not change for years of having i scraper ring and a couple of compression rings.Modern machineing methods have improved bedding of bore and rings vastly but engines now are having problems tha earlier engines never had, and there was only mono grade oils available then.

Are they using cheaper materials in these engines as the are using cheaper materials on things like cabin trim.

Makes me wonder.

The majority of BMW/Merc/Audi drivers would still buy one even if they were total Sh*t.

Its all about the image. These brands have done an amazing job of convincing people they are better, look at the BMW its all about the joy. Of course it is thats why its so much more expensive! Oh look at me. Look Look its white as well, do you think i'm cool. No Feck Off.

I truely believe the majority of Toyota buyers have a totally different set of requirements. They want a functional reliable (dont start little green one) car, not something that they think other people will think is good.

This is why the JD Power figures are useless, the RAV man wont have the same interest in whether the piped leather i-pod holder creaks, the Audi man will.

The comparisons are chalk and cheese, also the fuel claims on the BMW's are utter rubbish.

Never for one second have I doubted the ability and capability of the Rav.... I had to go over to Cambridge in the last wee bout of bad weather. Only 4x4s were getting through... On a wet slipway it was and is my best mate.... Coping with sometimes huge loads with the seats folded down is taken in its stride...

Last trip up I had all our gear for 4 weeks... Tools.... Four winter tyres.. 3 large hard rifle cases.... No space was not used but it all went in somehow !!

Comfort is brilliant also thanks to the cracking leather chairs that come as standard in the T180.... Complaints ?? Nah none...

But to those whose only words are of constantly slagging the German cars ( Which is now just getting very boring ) think again.... No car is perfect far from it......

But My personal experiences are not enough to make Me see My car through rose tinted glasses.

This thread is about Toyota's not German cars.. But I repeat the German cars are far superior IMHO .. I have had many and will have more in the future without a doubt....

But constantly knocking them without having owned one is a very hollow shout.. Hoovie doesn't like the looks apparently which is rather odd as when I had My last Audi everyone commented on its good looks....

No one except on Forum has ever commented on the Rav being a nice or good looking car.... Its a workhorse type vehicle.........

I was considering buying another New SR.. Mainly because of the things it does well as above.. My Wife also loves the car as its easy for Her to get in and out of and We can travel a good distance before We have to stop so she can get out and move around a bit...

But the current car lacks specification and still has no spare wheel or the ability to carry one without compromising the luggage space......

In reality which Hoovie hammers home at every given opportunity is that despite the cost of replacement We would be unlikely to be left stranded if a puncture takes place.. With a puncture repair kit the possibility of being left stranded is far far greater cos those kits only work very occasional and that's if the driver is able to use the kit and carry out the repair.. Women simply would not attempt this and if on a Motorway it would be ridiculous for anyone to even try......

The later SR with its auto box is also a sluggish car and has joke style fuel consumption.. This has been mentioned by not only Hoovie who has a lead foot but other Owners as well...

OK if Your mileage is low and You are happy to pay then carry on... But for those of Us that actually use the car to its full potential and with fuel now at 7 quid a gallon AND RISING FAST 32 MPG is not an option and is way off the pace......

I would still for some reason consider a new model when it eventually comes out.. The old and current one is just past its sell by date now and needs upgrading badly......

We need a car that is powerful and economical.. We or at least I want a the choice of a top specification not a watered down version of the T180 that went before the SR as range topper......

Lastly the tyre or spare wheel issue needs sorting once and for all.. Currently and sadly the present situation is a joke and puts off new buyers............

"Last trip up I had all our gear for 4 weeks... Tools.... Four winter tyres.. 3 large hard rifle cases.... No space was not used but it all went in somehow !!"

Would that help make the mpg worse than a Jag?!

"But to those whose only words are of constantly slagging the German cars ( Which is now just getting very boring ) think again.... No car is perfect far from it......

But constantly knocking them without having owned one is a very hollow shout"

I've owned a BMW. Prefer driving the Rav ten times over. (and the lights on the BMW used to fill with water when it rained hard!)

"No one except on Forum has ever commented on the Rav being a nice or good looking car.... Its a workhorse type vehicle"

Couldn't disagree more. When the wife's at work, she can't get get in the car without someone stopping and saying what a great looking car it is. And I mean dozens of times!!

"But the current car lacks specification"

Took me 10 minutes just to read all the gadgets and toys on my car when looking at it's advert.  Great spec IMHO. 

"With a puncture repair kit the possibility of being left stranded is far far greater cos those kits only work very occasional and that's if the driver is able to use the kit and carry out the repair.. Women simply would not attempt this"

Only had one puncture and the repair kit worked perfectly (that's 100% so far!) and any man or lady would be more than capable of using the kit. If they can read the instructions, they can do it!

Sorry to nit pick, but you stated so many things that I totally disagreed with, I had to break it down!!

Dave

Must say my first 7 months of owning a 9 year old Toyota car has been a nice experience. I was always very sceptical of Toyota's reliability legend. This is the first Japanese car I have owned. My Brother was a panel beater for decades in the UK and he always claimed that Japanese cars were the best screwed together, engineered and the easiest to work on.....he had plenty of experience fixing the dents in his Subaru Impreza caused by his Wife! hehehe

I truly bought the wee Rav just to get me through the suspected tough winter that we never had up here. Now, am thinking twice about selling it....even though the fuel consumption is a "cold shower" compared to the two diesels I owned previous.

Would definitely think about buying another but something with a 6th gear and a bit more refinement than the 4.2's!

Going back to the original posting....I always thought that the terrorists....Taliban etc use Toyota pick ups because they can easily weld guns and rpg launchers to the steel flat bed.....never tried it myself! hahaha

Peaceful Easter

Allan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links