Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Oil Suitable

jps71

Hi guys

I have just found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Which states to be genuine toyata 5w30 oil.

Is this suitable for a 2001 d4d diesel Rav.

Cheers Jim

Anyone got a rope or a razor blade..........................................

Yes I have both why do you want to borrow them.

But I would sooner have the answer to my question.

Sorry Jim but if you've read some of the oil related threads recently you'd probably want the same.

I'm SURE someone will be along later to give you an answer :thumbsup:

Sorry Jim but if you've read some of the oil related threads recently you'd probably want the same.

No probs :)

I get confused with all of the different posts about oil types values etc.

So though a simple solution would be to ask is this oil suitable.

Cheers JIm

This is better stuff!... And it meets the C2/C3 specs!... Not as good Flash point or Viscosity Index as Mobil 1 ESP! But for that money its worth a punt...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270905040505?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also take a look at this as afaik its c2 as well!... Not that I'm suggesting a C2 oil! But its low ash and sutable for your motor. Your handbook will also tell you what grade and spec you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190645897217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This is better stuff!... And it meets the C2/C3 specs!... Not as good Flash point or Viscosity Index as Mobil 1 ESP! But for that money its worth a punt...

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Also take a look at this as afaik its c2 as well!... Not that I'm suggesting a C2 oil! But its low ash and sutable for your motor. Your handbook will also tell you what grade and spec you need.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Thanks for the info.

I will have a look and see if they will deliver up to here.

Cheers Jim

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190645897217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This Lucas stuff Seems to cover everyone's specs, never seen so many approvals on an oil :thumbsup:

I only heard of Lucas recently and my motor factor swears by it.

I misread the price in the OP link but when I realised it was for 4 I have ordered a case.

No probs :)

I get confused with all of the different posts about oil types values etc.

So though a simple solution would be to ask is this oil suitable.

Cheers JIm

I was highly recommend (on here) Morris' oil. On their website you can put your number plate in and they give the first and second choice for your car. Then when you've got the type search for a better price! I got their C3 full synth 5w30 oil for £15 per 5 liter (bought in four pack) and a fiver for delivery! Bought a filter (From Toyota-trade) for £9 and got myself a cheap service!

And she runs lovely on it!

Dave

Is this what the Toyota dealers use when they do a service/oil change??

It depends on what they stock in bulk. We use the Toyota Genuine motor oils in bulk, many will have a deal with Mobil or whoever

Interestingly, those 4 x 5 Litre packs on the bay of flea's are being sold at less than cost price, it does make me wonder why people bother :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

It depends on what they stock in bulk. We use the Toyota Genuine motor oils in bulk, many will have a deal with Mobil or whoever

Interestingly, those 4 x 5 Litre packs on the bay of flea's are being sold at less than cost price, it does make me wonder why people bother :rolleyes:

They do look very cheap!

What is the phrase? "if a deal looks to good to be true ....."

I hate to bring this up again, but IMHO the A1/B1 stuff offerers less protection and this, as I see as a disclaimer gets them round it.

"it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity."

Compared to this Better speced oil

"Provides a tougher, thicker oil film for maximum protection against metal to metal contact" note is still at 5w/30 oil

Also look at the manufactures approvals on it

"Meets or Exceeds American and European OEM specifications API SM/SL/SJ/CF, ACEA A5/B5-04, A3/B4-04, C2-08, C3-07, C2-04, MB229.31, MB229.51, VW 50200, 50500, 50501, BMW Longlife-04, Porsche, Ford WSS M2 C 917 A. Suitable for use where VW 50700 is recommended."

The A1/B1 lacks this in my opinion, it maybe ok for upto 100 BHP engines, but the likes of the 2AD I would be putting in the better stuff, as the engines run hotter/harder/faster

you dont what your oil to shear down..........

Thats all I will say on this matter again, thanks for listening :thumbsup:

They must be stuffed up with a ton of stock they want out of. Many dealers will bulk buy fast moving parts to reach a target, and then try and get out of it by selling it off cheap. If I were the manager of that department selling it at less than cost I would want some very good answers as to why!

thanks for listening :thumbsup:

We didn't.............don't panic :D: :D: :D:

So Mr Jedi, do you think in your oppinion,that it would be better suited to a petrol engine,like ours??

So Mr Jedi, do you think in your oppinion,that it would be better suited to a petrol engine,like ours??

If it was my Petrol Rav 4.2 I would put the better stuff in for the sake of £30

If I had to put in an A1/B1 oil then IMHO, it would stand a better chance in a petrol motor than a diesel, as its got less abrasive soot to deal with.

But thats just me :D

They must be stuffed up with a ton of stock they want out of. Many dealers will bulk buy fast moving parts to reach a target, and then try and get out of it by selling it off cheap. If I were the manager of that department selling it at less than cost I would want some very good answers as to why!

Maybe because its pants? :thumbsup: Does not even reach A5/B5 spec which I belive the newer FE and PFE oil do

Maybe because its pants?

That does not explain why somebody would sell it below cost!

They do a couple of oils, I can't see the oil in that fleabay link, my works PC blocks it, but took a look on my phone and I think it is

08880-80845, Spec is API SL ACEA A1/B1

They also do another premium 5w 30 which is

08880-82710 Spec is API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2

You get what you pay for, many will not need the higher spec and it is perfectly acceptable to them, without having to pay daft money for it

Could it be stolen oil?

Let's hope the dealerships are not putting in the A1 stuff, when the engine requires the A5, C2 stuff.

They would know that anyway would they not?

Any one had the wrong oil put in there newish rav? :lol:

Stop it Kingo I'm going on about oil again. :D