Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth In 2008 Avensis Tr

marty2810

hi guys,

what bluetooth kit is compatible with my avensis, I have a 2008 TR tourer and local phone fitters say there isn't a lead listed that will allow me to use a Parrott 3100 with satnav/radio/cd unit any help much appreciated

Marty

If your car doesnt have an active speaker system (very rare) that is total BS :) All Toyotas (Except those with active speaker systems) have had the same plug since 1986. I should know being the product manager at the Norwegian Parrot distributor :)

I have a Nevaro bluetooth kit fitted to my 1998 Avensis, and used harness adaptors which convert Toyota to ISO (PC2-17-4), then ISO to Sony (PC3-433).

There are loads of suppliers on the net who sell all the adaptors you will need - I searched the net while typing this response.

There are even leads for active speaker systems.

Check Autoleads and Connects2 for the leads you require.

as @ipher said turns out to be total bo****ks there are plent of leads available on the net, I ordered one with the intention of buying a parrot 3100 and taking it and lead to local fitter who originally told me they werent available ( actually a connect2 outlet !! )

Have since found a very helpful local man who fitted everything from stock !!

so if anybody wants an ISO lead for an Avensis for a bluetooth hands free kit give me a shout :)

Marty

as @ipher said turns out to be total bo****ks there are plent of leads available on the net, I ordered one with the intention of buying a parrot 3100 and taking it and lead to local fitter who originally told me they werent available ( actually a connect2 outlet !! )

Have since found a very helpful local man who fitted everything from stock !!

so if anybody wants an ISO lead for an Avensis for a bluetooth hands free kit give me a shout :)

Marty

Marty,

The original seller needs to keep up to date with their business. They should get new catalogues from suppliers like autoleads or Connects2, so they can help all customers.

On a different note, If any of you have watched Wheeler Dealers when they had a Lexus 400.

Ed China fitted a bluetooth kit by splicing and soldering the leads! That was an earlier show when the leads we use now may not have existed. What a lot of hassle.

@Konrad C yep I did see that episode lol

phone/audio shop was actually a connect2 outlet, the guy even had a connect2 app on his phone pmsl

Marty

@Konrad C yep I did see that episode lol

phone/audio shop was actually a connect2 outlet, the guy even had a connect2 app on his phone pmsl

Marty

Marty, I checked the year that episode was aired and it was about the same time I got my Connects2 USB interface.

My car has the Sony double din cd/cassette/radio with a 10 disc changer in the boot, the Connects2 USB plugged in between, with the Novaro bluetooth plugged to the stereo with Sony to ISO and Toyota to ISO leads. I also changed the Speakers to 6" JBL's mounted to 6mm MDF spacers/baffles, which I made myself. All this on a mk1 Avensis! Total cost £270.

This is for the benefit of new members who want to know.

Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links