Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Error Message

Hoovie

Just drove 5 miles to get a Kebab ... started to go home afterward and the "Check ABS System" message popped up,together with the ABS Light, the TRC Light and the Triangle warning light.

SR-ABSError.jpg

Not had this before, no codes saved.

Not done anything to the RAV except fitted the mudflaps today - are there any wires so close to where the flaps attach I could have disturbed something??

Just drove 5 miles to get a Kebab ... started to go home afterward and the "Check ABS System" message popped up,together with the ABS Light, the TRC Light and the Triangle warning light. SR-ABSError.jpg Not had this before, no codes saved. Not done anything to the RAV except fitted the mudflaps today - are there any wires so close to where the flaps attach I could have disturbed something??

Was this not previously traced to a faulty brake pedal switch by another poster a while back, David....?

Big Kev

Just drove 5 miles to get a Kebab ... started to go home afterward and the "Check ABS System" message popped up,together with the ABS Light, the TRC Light and the Triangle warning light. SR-ABSError.jpg Not had this before, no codes saved. Not done anything to the RAV except fitted the mudflaps today - are there any wires so close to where the flaps attach I could have disturbed something??

Was this not previously traced to a faulty brake pedal switch by another poster a while back, David....?

Big Kev

Not seen that post, Kev, and when I tried to do a search, "ABS" was invalid search word as only 3 letters :rolleyes:

I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: I did fit that bluetooth EODB Reader and position it behind the RHS kick panel - I guess it is possible that I disturbed something (though don't think I went near any wiring) OR the BT signal is interfering with some signals in the wiring.

I'll have a look in the morning. Pulling over and turning ignition off and on had no effect on drive home so should know tomorrow.

Hoovie.

Cancel the light - it probably will not come back.

If it does then we will look into it. If there are defo no codes, don't worry.

Well, had an unexpected early journey in the RAV4 this morning - found my cat at the door covered in blood :( , so off to Vets.

Result is that the car seems back to normal, unlike the cat who is hopefully recovering after a cleanup and big bruising from causes unknown (but probably the Tortie down the road)

Well, had an unexpected early journey in the RAV4 this morning - found my cat at the door covered in blood :( , so off to Vets.

Result is that the car seems back to normal, unlike the cat who is hopefully recovering after a cleanup and big bruising from causes unknown (but probably the Tortie down the road)

These cats are normally quite reliable too, Hoovie....any signs it had been burning oil....? If it's completely knackered, just remember what Bothy said about its scrap value.....don't let them offer ye tiddles for it.....

Wiff Held.

It's just a thought, but if you are relying on the scanguage, it probably won't catch these DTCs - powertrain related only I expect.

Hope the cat is improving.

Cat seems back to normal (though still confined to quarters !)

I scanned using the Torque app on the other EOBD reader and no codes there either. some codes only picked up with the Dealers reader?

gone out twice in car today (just short journeys ) and no lights returned so hoping just an aberration :thumbsup:

Torque scangage etc and all the other ones you get on eBay, will only scan the engine ecu, if you want to scan the many other ecus in the vehicle, ABS controller included, you will need dealer diags, A tech stream cable can be bought from eBay around £30 and the software is available on certain web sites.

You are back to using a laptop though,

Joylove is a good member to ask :D

My Auris had an intermittent error like this which turned out to be one of the abs sensors. Mr T fixed FOC as it wa under warranty.

Wibbler