Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Iq Called Toya

craggle

Hi Craig

Great work. I am now thinking to put a couple of 0.1mfd capacitors across the motors. That will quench the spark depositing all that debris on tbe commutator. What model ver and plate is yours

David

• 1 month later...

Hi David
Not sure why I missed your post. 

My car is an iQ3 registered early 2010.

Unfortunately this morning saw an unfortunate incident on an icy road. I tried to get out the way, Pretty much stopped and took to the verge but got tagged on the drivers side. Other drivers insurance is dealing with it very well though and has booked it in for repair already and offered a hire car for the repair period. No cost to me, no excess to pay and they said they will deal with everything. 

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Craig.

IMG_3257.JPG

• Like 1

Oh Craig, I know how you feel. I had the back end of mine stoved in last December A lady who's husband  owns the plastics factory over the road from me, she tried to drive his huge Jaguar to the shops and back. the back wasn't to clever as she didn't realise how long the bonnet was and stuffed it in to my car. Nearly £3,000 worth of damage.

It's all fixed now and at least she came and told me she hit my parked car. It's very upsetting never the less.  I just bought a dash cam and am trying to see how to hard wire it in maybe via the courtesy light aperture.

I hope that damage gets sorted  ASAP and I'm glad your OK.

Vox.

Sorry to see/here about the damage, but with footage like that the third parties insurance couldn't do anything but what they have already offered you. They'd be stupid to try otherwise.

Cheers guys

No one was hurt and even though the other car ended up facing the wrong way in the ditch the driver managed to climb out with no problems. Once we had exchanged details and her husband arrived on the scene I left them to it and carried on to work. I checked the car over and there was no impact to the wheel, mirrors and lights all intact and the door still closes and locks so I'll keep driving until the repair is booked in. Going to the parents later so I may jack the car up and just look about underneath to see if I can see any damage to the floor and suspension areas but pretty convinced it's just the door and rear panel to be sorted out.

Both my insurance company and theirs asked me if there was any video footage and I have said, yes there is, but so far no one has asked to see it. I think the other driver told her company that it was ice and she simply couldn't avoid it but I have kept the footage files, backed it up and swapped the memory card in the recorder so I have it all stored if there is any dispute. 

I'm just waiting for the calls from the compensation companies to start now..... 

Craig.

• Like 2

I think it could be a good idea if we all had dash cams, If insurance companies ask "is there footage" a no answer could be detrimental to a claim and it could mean cheaper premiums if you have one.

I had loads of calls from compensation claims companies, what a load of ghouls. I ended up denying that I was involved in and accident, which is true really as I was sitting indoors at the time.

• Like 1

Been to the other drivers insurance approved repair centre this morning for the assessment. 

Chap had a look around it, said he liked the little iQ's, Under rated car in his opinion. :biggrin:

Didn't seem too phased by the repair, new door, sort the rear wing (not sure if that meant repair it or replace it) and the bumper isn't broken so that will be refitted and painted. They suggested getting the wheel refurbished too as there is light scratches over it.

Got it booked in for repair on the 4th of March so not far away really.
Explained about the side stripes not being standard so agreed to repair the car and leave them off and I'll replace them afterwards. New stripes already on order. 

Craig.

It's heart breaking to see your car damaged, I couldn't bring myself to photograph mine. It was horrendous! the back was stoved right in and it had to have almost a complete rear end including some metalwork underneath. It looks like new now, if not better. This was repaired by a Toyota approved repairer. The lady's insurance company was very helpful, but it wouldn't have been repaired by an approved Toyota repairer. My own Toyota insurance sorted it all out without any cost to me, all costs were met by RSA.

I wish you all the best with the repairs, I'm sure it will look great. :smile:

Under rated is very true, the IQ is so well made and mine at least with the 1.33 engine goes more than well enough and I don't often see a petrol pump. I'm very happy with it except the seat could go back another notch, I'm a little too close to the pedals.

BTW those HB4 Twenty20 Daylight 120% brighter headlight  bulbs from Auto bulbs direct at just under £25 a pair are fantastic. Well worth the minor mod to use them.

Vox.

1 hour ago, craggle said:

Been to the other drivers insurance approved repair centre this morning for the assessment. 

Chap had a look around it, said he liked the little iQ's, Under rated car in his opinion. :biggrin:

Didn't seem too phased by the repair, new door, sort the rear wing (not sure if that meant repair it or replace it) and the bumper isn't broken so that will be refitted and painted. They suggested getting the wheel refurbished too as there is light scratches over it.

Got it booked in for repair on the 4th of March so not far away really.
Explained about the side stripes not being standard so agreed to repair the car and leave them off and I'll replace them afterwards. New stripes already on order. 

Craig.

Craig, if it scuffed the back wheel, is it worth asking for an alignment check to be done?

Hi Mark

I asked that and he said we only do that if the wheel was damaged. Upon inspection he noticed the wheel was a slightly scratched so said yes, we will do a basic alignment test. 

I have a set of Dunlop optical tracking gauges at home and I normally stick them on the car at least once a year. Next time I'm there changing back to the summer tyres I'll put the tracking gauge on the rear axle as well and see what that reads just to put my mind at ease.

Craig.

• Like 1

Typical Audi driver -yeah, I am generalising here- going too fast for the road conditions, because we all know there is no one else ever on the road when there's an Audi about.
 Glad things are being sorted Craig. And as for Vox, ouch! I don't know what it is with people these days, no sense of responsibility, no sense full stop.

The lady that crunched my car was just inexperienced at driving a huge V12 Jaguar. She owns a Mazda MR2 and has never driven the Jag before. I guess she forgot how long the bonnet was? Whatever, she did come over and knock on my door to tell me.  She was upset about doing it, but not as upset as me! 

The strange thing is, her husband that owns the Jaguar won't speak to me now? It wasn't my fault, how weird. I never lost my temper, or shouted at her, people are peculiar .

14 hours ago, vox said:

The lady that crunched my car was just inexperienced at driving a huge V12 Jaguar. She owns a Mazda MR2 and has never driven the Jag before. I guess she forgot how long the bonnet was? Whatever, she did come over and knock on my door to tell me.  She was upset about doing it, but not as upset as me! 

The strange thing is, her husband that owns the Jaguar won't speak to me now? It wasn't my fault, how weird. I never lost my temper, or shouted at her, people are peculiar .

Folks can be strange sometimes. Perhaps he thinks it is partly your fault for leaving your car in her way? At least she did the right thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Car has been delivered to the repair shop this morning and I have a nice 2015 Citroen C1 for a while. I believe this is the same base as the new Aygo although it looks quite different.

Fairly noisy engine I thought but maybe that's a 3 cylinder thing? 

Craig.

It looks like all C1s are 3 cylinder Craig. It's nice looking, but I bet it's not as well built as your IQ.

Usually 3 cylinder engines are better balanced and smoother running than 4 cylinder ones. Noisy because of the lack of sound dampening I would think.

I hope your IQ comes back soon looking like new. :smile:

Vox.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back yesterday from repair so spent today polishing and fitting the summer wheels again. 

Happy with the repair too, looks very good and the paint is nice and shiny. Had to apply the stripe again myself as that isn't a Toyota part so they couldn't source one but, small price to pay I guess. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks to be an excellent repair job. Hopefully you'll put it all to the back of your mind and enjoy the car again :wink:

Been happily driving around now for a few days, good to have the car back. So much so that I thought I'd treat her to a set of the door sill plates with the iQ logo on the end. :biggrin:

Engine seems to be behaving itself now too. They disconnected the Battery to work on the car and the engine was quite different to drive for a while and the tick over speed was all over the place. It seems okay this morning but will watch that and see if it comes back.

Craig.

On 19/03/2016 at 7:11 PM, craggle said:

Got the car back yesterday from repair so spent today polishing and fitting the summer wheels again. 

Happy with the repair too, looks very good and the paint is nice and shiny. Had to apply the stripe again myself as that isn't a Toyota part so they couldn't source one but, small price to pay I guess. 

Liking the wheels Craig, and nice job they did on your car too, it looks like new.

Repair job looks great, certainly looks new.

As for dash cams, I have a dash cam for front and rear.  I've had my fair share of idiots driving closely behind doing daft things like using their phones and pulling faces :)

• Like 1

Got myself the some new stickers last night from the dealer. One for the tyre pressure information and the side airbag warning label. 

The car did have those stickers originally but when it went for repair I couldn't decide what to do, leave them on there or take them off. I figured they would be lost in the re-paint anyway and the last thing I wanted them to do was attempt to mask and paint around them so took the decision to heat them up and pull them off. They didn't come off in one piece though so took the car for repair without them.

I didn't realise at the time you can get them so easily from the Toyota dealer so I reckon leaving them there would have been best as they would have then simply replaced them but too late for that once I started peeling them off..

Anyway, £4.50 later at the dealer and I have two new stickers and got myself the scuff plates at the same time as I always fancied these and never got around to buying them. Think it all looks pretty good now. 

Craig.

IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

2 hours ago, Mark_P said:

Repair job looks great, certainly looks new.

As for dash cams, I have a dash cam for front and rear.  I've had my fair share of idiots driving closely behind doing daft things like using their phones and pulling faces :)

If I ever replace my Dashcam I will get a forward and rear facing version as I too see stupid things in the mirror. Had my camera for years now and apart from needing a new SD card it's been faultless. Would happily buy another BlackVue product next time.

Craig.

• Like 1

I have just upgraded my BlackVue to the 2Ch version. It made sense as I was already wired up for the BlackVue 1Ch I had.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links