Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crap in snow and ice

SAVO

I love my T sport to bits. But i can quite honestly say it is the worse car i have ever owned, when the snow and ice is on the ground. Though it did much better in reverse

Even ST205's don't go too crash hot without snow tires.

Better for accellerating but all cars are the same when it comes to stopping. The heavier the more momentum so the worse off you are.

Must remember to put the ABS fuse back in now the thaw out is one the way......

Yes, it snowed in South London again today. Luckily there was rain mixed with it so it didn't settle.

Tell me about it. Poor little yaris was sliding about trying to get grip. Still hopefully that the end of all the crap weather. Roll on spring ah?

its still summer in dorset....had to remove ice from front screen for the first time the other day, and we only have the wet snow called rain! lol

Have been in Wales last few days, woke up yesterday to a mini blizzard andf a good covering, snow still on the ground this morning and had to negotiate the mountain (ok big big hill) to get to work...

Not much fun at all....

I know what you mean. I don't think much of those yoko's they put on the TS. Good in the dry but crap in the wet and snow.

I think i might invest in some goodyear F1's.

They are top tyres! :D

Falken 415's are apparentl;y a good option as well and about £20 cheaper per tyre....

Am also looking for new tyres atm.

yeah ive noticed a big loss of traction of late.............oh no its just trying to get 300bhp down through the front wheels on an aE-92 is never going to be easy:Dlol

I was paying £80 fitted with 215/40 R16 I haven't asked about the TS size yet. ABout £55 i hope

found that my 205x40x7 were crap in the snow and offered little traction (light car quick revving engine) but then noticed a Lexus is200 with same wheel/tyre combo stuck trying to get up the same hill - AND THEY'RE REAR WHEEL DRIVE with traction control....laughed my head off then pushed him to the side of the road along side mine (it didn't help that his dumb !Removed! of a passenger didn't get out whilst i was trying to push the %$(ker up the hill.

:mad:

I got stuck in some pretty bad weather a couple of weeks back outside london - the motorway was shut and I had to go cross country through in some places a good three inches of snow - deeper in drifts.

I'm currently running Pirelli p6000s on the front and the standard bridgestones on the back.

I found that the pirellis did the job without too much grumbling and to be honest was expecting worse...

also running p6000's although on the rear, superb grip all weather conditions.

Am overdue a rear change and have to change (will get Falken 451's) as soon as ££ allows.

Want to stick with the 6000's but finances don't allow. Would recommend them to anyone...

Are the Falken 451s much cheaper and any good?

I'm paying about £85 a corner for the p6000s ( I was told that the bridgestones were about 85 also - which is a real waste of cash)

Let me know

• 3 weeks later...

Whats all this talk about SNOW.

Can anyone tell me what it is.......

My Yaris doesnt slide about, no probs with grip.

Drive as fast as the conditions will allow

Here in North Devon, we had to scape the sceen twice this year, used the credit card.

By the way today was 16c. very sunny

My experience is the te Yaris is definatly the worst car i have ever drive in the snow/ice. No weight and big tyres and a high reving engine. Its crap as in CRAP and very dangerous esp in Scotland.

Sums the car up in general.....