Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Power Steering

duncanda

I have a 2003 1.8 TX-3 with electric power steering and 52,000 miles on the clock. In the last few days the "feel" of the steering has changed. When driving in a straight line, it's fine, but then when I need to turn, it initially feels stiff, but frees up and turns the wheels. Steering warning light is not on. Any ideas what this could indicate? Is the motor on the way out?

It could be the steering angle sensor. There is a procedure to "zero out" the sensor so that it's calibrated properly. The repair shop is supposed to do this procedure after a wheel alignment, but sometimes they forget.

You may need to top it up,yes I know it's electric but it has a fluid resevoir as well!

No,power steering or automatic gearbox fluid,might not be low but they are sensitive to low levels

I believe that Toyota recommend a specific liquid specially formulated for Electric power steering. (any old stuff won't do)

hi!

i have a 2006 1.8 vvti avensis with electric power steering. as far as i know there is no fluid reservoir for the electric power steering. do i miss something? or there is one?

thanks

Adrian D

I'm with you on this. Where does the fluid go for electric power steering?