Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help/advice - 05 2.0 D-4D Cambelt Replacement

pumbaa

I need some help/advice regarding replacing the cambelt and a full service on my 2005 2.0 D-4D Verso. Car is approaching 70k

I've got 3 quotes to consider:

Garage we purchased car from (used) = £931 for a Full Service, Cambelt Replacement, Water Pump and Hydraulic Tensioner

Trusted Local Garage = £735 for the same as (1)

Toyota Main Dealer = £545 for Full Service & Cambelt Replacement; no mention of Water Pump or Hydraulic Tensioner.

So, questions:

1. Do I really need to get the Water Pump and Hydraulic Tensioner replaced at the same time as a Cambelt at 70k?

2. Would I be better off buying the replacement parts (cambelt, water pump and hydraulic tensioner) separately and asking local garage to do the work? If so, what parts do I need, and where from (dealer, motor factors, online etc.)

3. Do I just bite the bullet and trust my local garage and save myself risk, trouble and £200....?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark.

• 9 months later...

BUMP!

Naughtily, I've still to get the Cambelt replaced and car is now approaching 80K on the clock, so best I get it done with some urgency. I'm still none the wiser why the dealer made no mention of the need to replace the water pump and hydraulic tensioner at the same time as the cambelt, whereas others insist on it, I really would be grateful for any advice, and I'll need to get new quotes.

Also need new front brake pads, does £80 VAT Ex (£30 parts) seem reasonable?

TIA.

Toyota dealers offer fixed price for servicing and parts, front brake pads are £120 fitted including VAT.

As for the cambelt, I'd ring the dealer and ask them what's required. That way you can compare prices more accurately.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links