Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmon Then Whose Panic Buying Fuel ?

CharlieFarlie

Well Errrrr maybe.. But I need to travel so I filled both the Rav and the Jag today as both were near empty anyway...

Cost of filling with Vpower was .....

Jag £104 57... Rav 4 £75.77.........

!Removed! nora its frightening !! Since My last visit south 4 weeks ago to date I have burnt just over 700 quid in diesel... We spend more on fuel for the cars than eating and Council tax......

So come on hands up Who else has been selling organs and filling up ....

One thing made Me laugh was some cabinet Minister suggested filling a couple of jerry cans and keeping them in the garage just in case ?? Really .................. Fire hazard anyone ??

well Charlie, with my economy, I'll burn half a tank driving to the nearest Shell Station :D

Anyway, to answer the question, I WILL be filling up next time I go out in the car even though I am 3/4 full, but I prefer to run nearly full rather then nearly empty anyway, so not panic buying to me!

But .... we have just ordered 500 litres of oil to store in the garden in a very big 1,000 litre jerry can :thumbsup: - could always siphon some of that out and whack it in the RAV if times are tough :eek:

I wont be, i'll just have to work from home and eat all that old junk in freezer. Then if the worse comes to the worse eat the neighbours cat that keeps shit*ing in the garden.

Is'nt there a legal limit how much you are allowed to store and then it has to be in "suitable approved containors" ?

Would'nt suprise me if even now squads of Police (Petrol Division) Force are training with PSDDs,petrol storage dog detectors, to catch and fine anyone £100 per litre over the limit anyone is keeping.

Another cash cow for the Gov,might even surpass speed cameras if no-one has fuel to go racing around

Someone posted elsewhere about a man in front of him filled his car and the some plastic containers,who the turned round and said that he only used the car at weekends for shopping !!

Wonder if I still have those old petrol coupons.

In answer to Chalies question,no I am not stocking fuel,but if I had to use the car for work I would be.

Del

I have to admit to ordering a 20L jerry can the other day. Its the 1st time I've ever considered getting one. I have to fill up the Avensis on friday to drive up north to get me kids, so I'll be filling up again in B'ham for the way back to Gods country :fireman:

Btw... I have 1 left kidney for sale!... Only slightly used and regularly soaked in Brains SA :blink:

:drunk:

I filled both the RAV's last night & this morning. I need mine because I commute to S. Yorks & back a couple of times a week. At that point there wasn't any problem, just drove to the garages I usually use (different ones depending on where I've been/coming from) and filled up. No queues or hassle.

However, I took the 'blade out for a blast this afternoon and although I was able to top it up on the way out & on return, I passed several stations that had run out of fuel. Admittedly these were on main roads, e.g. A50, A34, etc.but it seems criminal that we have a PM & cabinet that can issue such patently stupid advice that actually pre-empts the very thing that we all want to avoid!. I'll look fwd to Mr. Maude's excuses if/when some poor b**t*rd's house goes up in flames because he had stocked up on petrol in his garage (or kitchen if he doesn't have a garage).

They say you get the govt you deserve - we must be a nation of complete morons by that reckoning....

I filled both the RAV's last night & this morning. I need mine because I commute to S. Yorks & back a couple of times a week. At that point there wasn't any problem, just drove to the garages I usually use (different ones depending on where I've been/coming from) and filled up. No queues or hassle.

However, I took the 'blade out for a blast this afternoon and although I was able to top it up on the way out & on return, I passed several stations that had run out of fuel. Admittedly these were on main roads, e.g. A50, A34, etc.but it seems criminal that we have a PM & cabinet that can issue such patently stupid advice that actually pre-empts the very thing that we all want to avoid!. I'll look fwd to Mr. Maude's excuses if/when some poor b**t*rd's house goes up in flames because he had stocked up on petrol in his garage (or kitchen if he doesn't have a garage).

They say you get the govt you deserve - we must be a nation of complete morons by that reckoning....

Dont know how You can say that Jim !!

After all We have just had a great budget designed at helping the working Man !!

Petrol and diesel goes up another 3P per litre in August.. That should help Us ??

!Removed!.. Smokes and drink have all SHOT up again but the average Working Man doesent participate in those vices surely ??? Nah course not....

Good news is the tax band at which tax is paid goes up to 9 K from next year ... Why announce it this year then ? Perhaps the blokes not with it ...

Then there is 20% VAT to be added to foods like hot pasties and pies ?? Nah all the blokes that used to work for Me wouldn't dream of eating a nice juicy Ginsters.... Nah course not Well not now that 60 odd pence has been added to the 3 quid paid on average OR a quid at Motorway service areas.. I stopped on the M6 and went up for a well deserved pasty and was asked for £4.95 !! And that was before the 20% rise.. I walked away and left the seller stood holding it !!

Great news for pensioners though !! They get penalised in tax once again !!

Best till last.... You have been waiting for the good bit aint Ya ;;;;;;

If You and lets be honest there are lots of Us on over £150,000 a Year. You will be better off !! Brilliant ! Great !! Nice to know the working Man did so well .............................................................................................................

Well overhere on the Sunny Isle of Man, we hopefully are not affected by the strike in the UK. Our fuel comes by tanker from South Wales so no road tankers involved. Mind you knowing the mentality of the 2 operaters on island, ( Manx Petroleum and Ellan Vannin Fuels) they don,t need any excuse to put up the prices. ( Shell and Total) Our diesel is £1.53 per ltr and petrol is £1.49 per ltr

Regards Clare

We have a week in Cornwall booked for a week on Friday. I have filled the rav and will use the Juke until.then if things get weird and save the rav for our hols. As long as I have enough to get there (240 miles) and drive around a bit, I'm not fussed about potentially not being able to come home! Once on the motorway and A-roads, I reckon a full tank should get 450 miles.

The chap on the till at the local esso said they had already run out once, and that was yesterday, before our government's fine advice.

I have to admit I have been out and panic purchased and filled up the jerry can with petrol so that the lawnmower wont run out, I got accused at the garage of panic buying, reminded the owner I drive a diesel :)

Water is more of a worry here, hosepipe ban kicks in this weekend, has anyone tried washing a Rav with a watering can?

I have to admit I have been out and panic purchased and filled up the jerry can with petrol so that the lawnmower wont run out, I got accused at the garage of panic buying, reminded the owner I drive a diesel :)

Water is more of a worry here, hosepipe ban kicks in this weekend, has anyone tried washing a Rav with a watering can?

It takes more water to wash and swill a car off if done by bucket or watering can.... So is this OK ? Or is it just the gardener they are after stopping ? What happens to the many polish car washes that have sprung up all over the place ? Are they still aloud to continue ??

I saw a programme on telly that showed rivers in North Yorkshire almost dry !! Blimey summer is not yet a week old !!

Havent had a decent drop of rain down here for a while - they say two years, so a £1000 pound fine for a hosepipe, more water from the watering can it will have to be. No restriction on your favourite car washes Charlie or the polish guys if they are classified as commercial use

Havent had a decent drop of rain down here for a while - they say two years, so a £1000 pound fine for a hosepipe, more water from the watering can it will have to be. No restriction on your favourite car washes Charlie or the polish guys if they are classified as commercial use

Gus.. I would never ever dream of using a polish car wash or any of those machine things on garage forecourts... Believe it or not Mate its as dry as a bone up here in Central ... Well eastern Scotland as well !! Ground is just bone dry and grass is not the usual green..

I wonder if Well get the pipes banned up here ??

Why is it the day I have to fill up the Car for the first time "Call Me Nick" persuades every other b****r in the country to go and fill their cars up as well :censor: :censor: :ffs: :mad2:

Still brimmed the tank with Total Premium and it still cost less than filling my Nubira. Plus the on-board trip computer reckoned I was doing 44.2mpg not bad for round town and country roads

Filled up tonight, not because I needed diesel, or was panic buying.

I just like the blonde with great sense of humor at my local Shell station.

:lol: :P

Shallow Dave.

Panic buy... No. filled up cos i needed to...

In My case I needed to fill one car but not both.. So I guess that makes Me guilty as charged,,, The jag when it gets really low displays the nearest fuel station on the Nav screen ... This came on as I pulled into the garage to fill.. The Rav was well under a quarter full so needed filling as well ............. There are no filling stations in or near Our wee town so cant run to low..

Garage had queues out onto the road .. Never seen that before as it was just a normal Shell station and not a supermarket with those offers on.. Only garage within 20 miles that sells Vpower though so had to sit it out.. Lady on the till said they had never been so busy !!

Well, I wouldn't call it panic buying but when all of this initial fuss and hullabaloo settles down courtesy of our irresponsible government ministers, I will be out next week filling four 20 litre jerrycans and filling the 45 litre tank of my Capri to the brim.

If there is any strike action then I don't expect it to drag on for any extended time period and this should tide me over nicely. If I lose any working days because I don't have fuel, I will be expected to pay the time back.

So I am prepared to break the law and stockpile. If anyone asks...... well a government minister told me to do it. :-)

Just think of all the extra revenue the goverments getting with all this fuel buying......

There will be a !Removed! and booze strike next......

:D

well I've got 32 litres stashed in my mums garage ,left it there a couple of weeks ago in my IQ(full tank).might just leave it there as an insurance policy and just keep filling the RAV up every 3 days., £6 a day extra to get to work though

tony

I topped up with £30 of petrol in the Auris Hybrid last night, need to do some business miles this next week

I only live about 5 miles from Stanlow, I reckon if I drilled a hole in me garden I would probably drill into a Shell pipeline.........knowing my luck it would be red diesel :D:

Have you seen how much those tanker drivers earn? 45K was mentioned :eek: I would'nt mind risking myself to do that job, how many petrol tankers have you seen spontaniously combust?................ No me neither, yes there maybe hazards like all jobs.......they should try dealing with some Toyota customers :rolleyes: ......I'll get me coat :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I topped up with £30 of petrol in the Auris Hybrid last night, need to do some business miles this next week

I only live about 5 miles from Stanlow, I reckon if I drilled a hole in me garden I would probably drill into a shell pipeline.........knowing my luck it would be red diesel :D:

Have you seen how much those tanker drivers earn? 45K was mentioned :eek: I would'nt mind risking myself to do that job, how many petrol tankers have you seen spontaniously combust?................ No me neither, yes there maybe hazards like all jobs.......they should try dealing with some Toyota customers :rolleyes: ......I'll get me coat :lol:

Its just the Unite union the one than sponsers the labour party trying to make as much problems as it can .

Fancy even considrering a strike when the Olympics are on.

i think we have the makings of a Mk11 Arthur Skargill.raising his ugly head.

I only live about 5 miles from Stanlow, I reckon if I drilled a hole in me garden I would probably drill into a shell pipeline.........knowing my luck it would be red diesel :D:

Its just the Unite union the one than sponsers the labour party trying to make as much problems as it can .

Fancy even considrering a strike when the Olympics are on.

i think we have the makings of a Mk11 Arthur Skargill.raising his ugly head.

Then we will just have to get the Met to crush them as well...

I don't know what the panic is? There is no strike as yet, and by law they have to give 7 days warning in advance, as yet they haven't........nice way to generate some goverment income before tax year end though :lol:

Great way to protest about the rise in fuel prices also :thumbsup: