Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiccuping 4.2 D4D On Acceleration.

rallying1

Going to try this with mine for sure before I push it off of a cliff, sick to death of it now, I also have the whooooo coming from the filter head too so I have that to deal with, merry Christmas!

Hi Gary

In just the last few weeks or so my hesitation has re-occured,last weekend i again flush the MAF sensor and the mulitplug with the Halfords elec cleaner,but it still hesitates.....not as bad,but it still does,once its been driven for a few miles and fully warmed up its fine.

I may again invest in a can of CRC.. MAF sensor cleaner of E**Y ,its made for the purpose,its only a small can,but if it works better than Halfords stuff....its worth it.

The last time i used it,i used almost the entire contents on the sensor and multiplug,but it cured it until now.....ive bought 2 cans so far this this year,first time i just cleaned the sensor....got partial results,second time i cleaned sensor & multiplug contacts...,then it drove like new for about 3 months.....awesome !

Re fuel filter cap,i believe there is yet another superceded part number for an upgraded non howling cap.....but i cant be bothered,i live with it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rallying1

• rambler

• anchorman

• igormus

many thanks mate I will give it a go!

What ever you do.....dont touch those tiny little sensors with ANYTHING....just spray them thoroughly,and let them dry for at least 45 ins.

( i put mine in my airing cupboard for a while to make sure it was dry ).,or another tip is to take car for a drive ,get engine warmed up...then do the work,use the engine heat to dry it off....fully.

Best of luck.

What ever you do.....dont touch those tiny little sensors with ANYTHING....just spray them thoroughly,and let them dry for at least 45 ins.

( i put mine in my airing cupboard for a while to make sure it was dry ).,or another tip is to take car for a drive ,get engine warmed up...then do the work,use the engine heat to dry it off....fully.

Best of luck.

As above mate where do I get this magic cleaner from ?

Best of luck.

As above mate where do I get this magic cleaner from ?

Here you go.....

Only ever seen it E**y.....hope link works...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRC-Air-Sensor-Clean-Mass-Air-Flow-Cleaner-MAF-UK-Stock-/271111156480?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3f1f7bf300

Thanks for that, now ordered, got to be worth a tenner eh?

Well.....as you say,for the measerly cost of a tenner.......as i found out found out a few months ago,it seems to restore the Rav's power to " new "...its quite amazing stuff.

What would be good is to find out what exactly is contained in that can,how does it differ from Halfords elec contact cleaner....which doesnt seem to be.......as........good,Halfords cost £4 !..only get what you pay for though.

However.......i used almost the entire contents of the CRC MAF cleaner on my Maf sensor,..it says on the website that up to 25 doses can be done ,just cant see it somehow.

As i said earlier,use the straw provided to almost ' jet ' out all 3 those sensor wires...but dont let the straw touch the sensors though,as they are pin head sized on those delicate wires.....and do a lot of important work.

Also spray the electrical pins and sockets of the multiplug ( unplug the sensor ).so all the signals and readings can flow through the electronics to the computer,so it knows how much air is coming in.

Sent you a Pm as well......

• 10 months later...

Hi did you ever find out what the issue was? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Hiccuping,going into limp mode.

Hi did you ever find out what the issue was? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Hiccuping,going into limp mode.

Well if i'm honest, the cleaning of the MAF sensor seemed to help.

BUT,i had to have a new turbo fitted in may this year,after i started throwing out smoke galore ! ! !

Since having the turbo replaced,costing £££'s my rav drives like new,it pulls clearly and cleanly through all the gears now.I can't believe how its changed it.

So,i reckon the issue was with the turbo,somewhere,somehow.

There is an actuator rod on it,that can seize up,this can be felt behind the turbo,some say it needs freeing up. But mine was way past this as i had no power,and i limped 11 miles at between 5 & 10 mph, to my local Toyota center.

I could hear the bearings & fins in the worn out turbo jangling as i slowly drove it to have it repaired.( at least i thought that was what the noise was ).

I was also covering the queue of vehicles behind me in clouds of smoke.

BUT.....mine never went into limp mode with the blown turbo !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links