Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking With Mmt

dbhidden

Looking for some advice on the Auris TR 2009 I've just bought, and specifically about the multimode transmission.

I'd read a load of comments on these forums about MMT before buying, and there were plenty of people disliking the gearbox for a number of reasons. But the problem I have with it sounds different to the general complaints about reliability or choice of gear.

When I am going at very low speed, usually parking, the car just won't stop jerking. It feels like the engine is constantly trying to stall, and the only way of getting it to stop doing it is to stop the car completely, or speed it up - neither of these choices work well when parking.

Really I need to know:

Is this a normal feature of the gearbox, or is it something to take back to the garage?

If this is normal how are other people dealing with it?

I really like the car, but live in an area where parking is limited, so this is a big issue and I'd appreciate some advice.

Looking for some advice on the Auris TR 2009 I've just bought, and specifically about the multimode transmission.

I'd read a load of comments on these forums about MMT before buying, and there were plenty of people disliking the gearbox for a number of reasons. But the problem I have with it sounds different to the general complaints about reliability or choice of gear.

When I am going at very low speed, usually parking, the car just won't stop jerking. It feels like the engine is constantly trying to stall, and the only way of getting it to stop doing it is to stop the car completely, or speed it up - neither of these choices work well when parking.

Really I need to know:

Is this a normal feature of the gearbox, or is it something to take back to the garage?

If this is normal how are other people dealing with it?

I really like the car, but live in an area where parking is limited, so this is a big issue and I'd appreciate some advice.

No, it's not normal, take it back!

If it does it all the time and not intermittently, then you'll be able to easily demonstrate said problem to the supplier/seller.

I have 2007 mmt and since i replaced the ecu, I never had any problem with it. I think you should take it to garage, its not normal

Thanks for these responses. That's really helpful, I'll go back to seller and ask for a fix.

What are the other reasons why some people disliking gearbox?

It sounds to me like your vehicle has lost its creep mode which is a common issue and eaily fixed by ur dealer .when u put vehicle in e on a flat surface and release the brake does it move off as it would in a conventional automatic .if not the mmt ecm has lost the bite point of the clutch and when u accelerate it clamps harshly causing a judder .ur dealer will need to check ur vehicle mmt ecm for latest logic (not flashable) and actuator/ clutch kit condition.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links