Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had To Get Dealer To Drain Off Some Oil ? Wtf

dave.m

I've had that bloody yellow spanner spanner flashing on and off and when I got around to dipping my oil I noticed

it was way up the dipstick. I contacted my local Mr T who told me that it's unknown for the factory to over oil a new car.

Really?? want to dip it yourself was my reply, so I took it in this morning and they have drained some off.

Unusual or what ?

I've had that !Removed! yellow spanner spanner flashing on and off and when I got around to dipping my oil I noticed

it was way up the dipstick. I contacted my local Mr T who told me that it's unknown for the factory to over oil a new car.

Really?? want to dip it yourself was my reply, so I took it in this morning and they have drained some off.

Unusual or what ?

Don`t like the sound of that....

Did the dealer give a reason as to why there was too much oil in ?

Is it a 1.4d because incomplete DPF regenerations can increase the level with diesel leading to decreased lubricity and engine failure.

I've had that bloody yellow spanner spanner flashing on and off and when I got around to dipping my oil I noticed

Unusual or what ?

Don`t like the sound of that....

Did the dealer give a reason as to why there was too much oil in ?

Is it a 1.4d because incomplete DPF regenerations can increase the level with diesel leading to decreased lubricity and engine failure.

All they said was it's unusual for Toyota to overfill the oil. Car is 2 months old, 1.4D, I will keep an eye on dipstick and don't expect

to see the yellow flashing spanner again, but it does look a common problem according to the Toyota tech on this thread -

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132199

Hi Dave, this makes you wonder. The Yellow spanner is certainly to do with the servicing intervals ( whether milage or time related) but as you will no doubt know from reading the mega posts on the Rav4 forum regarding oil, I am sure that Anchorman related to the over filling of the engine can cause problems as well. I must admit I,m not up to speed on this one, but surely with the modest mileage you have on your U/C the Dealer should keep an eye on it as well as yourself.

I personally would P/M Anchorman and see what he thinks of the situation. As the poster Devon Aygo commented Toyota are aware of this "Yellow spanner" senario and it makes me think it needs to be taken farther. Stick with it and let us know how you go on.

Regards Clare

Dave have P/M Kingo and he says he has never heard of this before,and it should have been picked up on in the Pre Delivery Inspection!!!!!

HTH

Regards Clare

Well, two techs ive spoken to here have seen it once on a car, cant say its been a common problem here

I would want to know why it got through the PDI inspection like that, it could just as easily been too low

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ormi`s seen it lots of times?

I bet he has, I know what you're like :naughty:

What about the yellow spanner?

Kingo Dong :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links