Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Corolla E12 1.6Vvti Colour Collection (2004)

Ant182

The car looks good, hope the bumper is all ok.

Cheers fella, I hope so to

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on my Toyota corolla t Sport its a 2003.

Is it bad to rev the car above 7000rpm?

Also I was driving mine and it would not allow me to rev over 7000 I then had the Engine management light come on along with the VSC and Traction control lights.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice.

Much appreciated.

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on my Toyota corolla t Sport its a 2003.

Is it bad to rev the car above 7000rpm?

Also I was driving mine and it would not allow me to rev over 7000 I then had the Engine management light come on along with the VSC and Traction control lights.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice.

Much appreciated.

This should have it's own thread on the forum, otherwise people won't really see it to help answer your questions....

Now then all, Well the car is ready now for the Toyota Sprint series at Croft in September cant wait.

So now that I have added the front and rear spoilers it just looks so much better, as it didnt look finished off before.

Here are a few pics I took today, Post is abit pic heavy.

Where did you get your spoilers from and were they an easy fit - I'm particularly interested in getting one for the rear just to give my 1.6VVTi (53 plate) a little sportiness! I think the colour is Igneous Metallic Grey - I'm going to put some pics up soon.

Now then all, Well the car is ready now for the Toyota Sprint series at Croft in September cant wait.

So now that I have added the front and rear spoilers it just looks so much better, as it didnt look finished off before.

Here are a few pics I took today, Post is abit pic heavy.

Where did you get your spoilers from and were they an easy fit - I'm particularly interested in getting one for the rear just to give my 1.6VVTi (53 plate) a little sportiness! I think the colour is Igneous Metallic Grey - I'm going to put some pics up soon.

Found the spoilers on eBay just by typing in Corolla Spoiler, the rear one was from a Toyota dealer who was selling it on eBay

pentegon toyota and the front was from NK Tunning all just went straight on says my guy who did the job, well chuffed with them.

I got a touch up pen from my dealer so I confirmed my colour code with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the joys of car ownership struck again last week. My clutch started slipping badley and with Toyota Sprint Series event coming up on the 16th Sept, I had it replaced quick. Had it replaced by Tuesday gone and have ran it in this week at the same time oil&filter change and brake fluid change dot5.1 AP racing. All feel's good now well apart from me the nerves are kicking in abit before tomorrow at croft but should be ok when I've settled in.

Well all went well as can be expected, didnt do aswell as I wanted to but, will now focus on next year. Fun was had by all and anyone that loves to drive needs to do an event like this its great.

I will pop some pic's up when I get some sorted.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say happy new year to all on the site, I know its abit late.

Not done anything to the rolla since before croft last

year as moved into my first home, so not had the funds.

I have been cracking on though with my garage and

making it a nice place for my rolla to be kept.

Realy I know thats where Ill spend most of my time

in the summer. I was giving some nice new headlight bulbs

for a xmas present which was great, as it needs them.

Ill put some pics up when I get the garage finished hopefully

it wont be to long.

Great car you got there mate. I like the way you combined the facelift bumper with the pro-facelift TTE lower lip. Also, I see you enter track days, which is very good for you.

I really like this picture!

post-119695-0-00070500-1348036343_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, I have enjoyed your build thread that's a lot of work to get it up to 142bhp.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that, I have enjoyed your build thread that's a lot of work to get it up to 142bhp.

Keep up the good work.

Thanx. The big difference is not so much the 142bhp. It's the much higher torque figures from low end revs. I get about 15kgrms of torque from 2000rpm, going up to 17,5kgrms at 4.750rpm.

Anywayz, keep up the good work too!

• 3 weeks later...

Well went to see my mate in Layland, and only been there a few hours. We heard a bang looked out the window to see my mates next door neighbour looking shocked to see that he had reversed into my front bumper and smashing the splitter to bits.

post-119695-0-95427800-1360097572_thumb.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I understand that you must really be gutted about it!

So what now? Does the insurance cover it? Will you get a new one?

Yer gutted alright, but insurance said they will cover it. The car was low loadered away today to a bodyshop so they dropped me off a new ford focus deisel to run round in for now. Fingers crossed it will come back as good as new.

sorry to hear about the bumps mate. your car looks good! going well so far :) im wanting to get a strut brace for mine too and induction. did you upgrade the clutch or put a standard one in?

Thanks Michael, yer its all going good apart from the bumps mind I do keep getting new body panels out of it like (a silver cloud). The clutch went from the first owner towing stuff but it just went on my watch. The mechanic I use put in a standard clutch in but not a cheapo one and its been fine on and off track. Becouse you cant realy get the power up to much on the 1.6 I thought there was no point putting in a aftermarket sports clutch.

ahh well thats not to bad i guess :) orite yer i get ya i think i will upgrade mine as i will be wanting to get a few trackdays in this year all going well :)

Cant wait to get my rolla back, then will start getting it ready for the track again. Your rolla packs abit more punch than mine so it will prob make use of a sports clutch more than mine.

• 1 month later...

Well since my last post ive been a busy boy, after getting the car back from the bodyshop, but not all the same as it went in. The bodyshop could not get hold of the front splitter it went in with or thats what they told me so I had to find another one to use and that im happy with. I dont think it looks to bad. While it was away I cracked on with making my new garage corolla friendly. Also had to replace my exhaust this week so a nice twin cat back system will do the job, a custom job aswell. Later this week my new adjustable koni dampers will go in cant wait.

post-119695-0-54083800-1363277918_thumb.

post-119695-0-74239800-1363277961_thumb.

post-119695-0-71413900-1363278030_thumb.

post-119695-0-36713000-1363278070_thumb.

Steve I think it looks great with the new front splitter! Probably looks better with this splitter rather than the TTE splitter.

Remember that the TTE splitter was ,made to be fitted to the pre-facelift Corollas, so it did not fit 100% the facelift ones.

Backbox looks really nice too! So, all's well now! :clap:

cheers for that, and yer this one dose fit all the way round. Got my car back today after my service and mot, with my Koni's fitted so the setup is now -30mm spax springs with koni top adjustable dampers. feels even better now.

cheers for that, and yer this one dose fit all the way round. Got my car back today after my service and mot, with my Koni's fitted so the setup is now -30mm spax springs with koni top adjustable dampers. feels even better now.

post-119695-0-50051800-1363355973_thumb.

post-119695-0-26304700-1363356043_thumb.

Now had the new dampers on for a few days, they have transformed the cars handling again, it feels much more rock solid through corners and stays to level which gives me so much more convidence. Just need to replace the front drop-links now and I'll be all set to do 2 rounds of the Toyota Sprint series this year, cant wait had such a great time last year at Croft. Hopefully can make some more strides forward this year in times, also Ive refurbed my old alloys to use as the sprint weekend wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links