Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jap It

G6lad

i wanna jap style the bonnet in my 97 g6...any ideas how to do it cuz i cant find the washers for a corolla fitment anywhere its all death trap civics bits i find..?

I'd say that it will be a matter of trial and error.

Rather than buying model specific parts/washers, have a go yourself. Can I ask why you are wanting to do it?

I'd say that it will be a matter of trial and error.

Rather than buying model specific parts/washers, have a go yourself. Can I ask why you are wanting to do it?

iveseen it done to some cars and think it makes them look well, and i dont want putting mods on that the gaurdswill rapeme over, i want to make it different to all the cars around cuz corolla's are done to the same spec and the only difference is the colour.

Like iv see the civic washers, will it be the same kinda thing i need or is it totally different?

to ad to dat ive jap wheels put on lite weight schneiders in a charcol gray and they make it look way beta dan da khan's

Right. Not my kind of thing, but each to their own.

You won't find anything specifically for the Corolla, have a play around trial fitting steel washers, or have some custom spacers machined up for it. Be wary of the front catch still being able to hold it secure given the angle change, however slight.

i wanna jap style the bonnet in my 97 g6...any ideas how to do it cuz i cant find the washers for a corolla fitment anywhere its all death trap civics bits i find..?

Why though? Do you take it on regular track-days? Does the cooling system let you down?

If not then you just make your car look like it has had a front end collision for nothing...

What do you mean jap style? Loads of vents?

It is the lifting of the back of the bonnet, at the screen scuttle end, so that it sits proud of the wings slightly.

I believe the idea is to aid cooling by drawing in air at that pressure area.

Probably worth doing on cars that are running high turbo temps etc, but elsewhere its a 'fashion' thing. But its been well documented that I normally don't 'get' fashion.....I'm too old!

Haaa, right i see now! Yea im with you on this one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links