Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rotrex Supercharger + Piggyback Ecu For 140 Gen 7?

celicagen7trd

ANYBODY DONE THE ROTREX SUPERCHARGER AND PIGGYBACK ECU ON A 140BHP GEN 7? IF SO HOW MUCH DID IT SET YOU BACK, FROM WHERE DID YA BUY IT AND WHAT ELSE DID YOU UPGRADE AS NOT TO BLOW INTERNALS? THANX IN ADVANCE.....................

The guy you need is Lee at Se7en Motorsport in Coventry. Lee has S/C many 190's, and has recently started fitting the kit to 140's too.

Budget around £5K though inc. tuning on a R/R.

edwardio may contribute to your thread, as he is one of Lee's customers, so can give you a first hand recommendation.

Firstly is the engine you are running is a 2000, which has the design flaw resulting in potential oil burning. Bare this in mind as you may have all the work done to find you may develop the issue & then require a new engine. Mine was a 2002 140 without the issue, but I did an engine sawp to a 190 to bypass this issue.

Do speak to Lee at Se7en Motorsports. The minimum amount you are looking at for the kit is about £4.5k. However you will also need to ensure the car is ready for it:

Lowering the car (springs or coilovers)

Uprated brakes (at least pads & discs though a BBK is more ideal)

Tyres (decent rubber to help keep the power down)

Strut brace (not essential but I'd recommend it)

Petrol (the car will need to run on V-Power ideally)

You will also need extra funds for tuning on a rolling road, as well as some extra moeny just in case something unexpected is needed during the build or from tuning.

Also bare in mind that you will have increased insurance, running costs and servicing cost (good oil, colder plugs etc).

It's not cheap all in, so bare that all in mind.

Certainly not a cheap upgrade,but having seen first hand the results from the investments then its a hell of a conversion and the work is spot on.From a power point of view,it's a massive step up,i would echo Edwardios advice there especially with braking and handling upgrades.trust me you will need them as the car will be seriously quick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links