Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Air Intake & Egr Cleaner , Question

tonymadboy

on can it recommends spray half can into air intake to clean air intake and egr but iv sprayed 3/4 of the can into it can anyony tell me can it cause any damage if you spray too much of this stuff thanks

Theres very little you can spay in to airintake that will clean the egr as its post combustion in the engine so anything going in will get burn up.

Why do want to clean the egr on your 1.4d as its not a usual issue with this car?

IF you yo do want to clean the egr then you take it off the car and clean it with a brush/vaccum cleaner watching out for the dust, and with the use of a carb cleaner. Do a seach on here there is probably a guide to it.

Also spraying carb cleaner in to the airside of the engine ie by the airfilter can damage your vehicle in some circumstances.

If you want to clean the MAF that is in the air intake then electrical contact cleaner is usually used.

ok thanks i wanted to clean it as iv read alot posts here saying the 1.4 d4d have problems with egr mabie the 2007 one dont be as troublesum i donnt know

The EGR only becomes clogged if you drive around at low RPM and unloaded engine all the time; If only a few A-road or motorway trips will keep it unblocked.

Even the clogging itself is not a problem - The problem is if it clogs and the valve gets jammed *open* - that's when you get a performance drop. (If it gets jammed shut, performance can go up! :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links