Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Indicator Flashing

conker

Hello Forum members,

Can I replace the flasher unit or relay so that my 2008 Avensis T Spirit will indicate 3 times like my Mondeo ST and works VW Caddy does when just pushing the switch up or down

Also I have a Black plastic microphone between the sunvisor and interior light switch, but when I try to find a phone via bluetooth nothing is visable? Do I need to go through the Sat Nav stereo to find it

Thank you for any advise with the above questions

Conker

Hello and welcome,

As far as I know, there isn't a flasher unit you can change, I've just got used to it over time

The microphone is part of a bigger phone system (hands free) that was probably installed when the car was new, I'm guessing then it was a company/lease car? But whatever it was, you should have a cradle for the phone (usually for an old nokia for example) This is all linked together and I doubt bluetooth will work with it; If you had the right phone you would slot it into the cradle, then when you got a phone you would put it on speaker, hence the microphone would be used in that instance

The only popular bluetooth system I know is of a company called Parrot. But exactly how it works I'm not sure ie I don't know if it comes with a similar hands free setup with a microphone and speaker

If your avensis flasher unit is anything like my Auris one then i think you will have a job replacing it with any other type.

on my Auris the flasher unit does not just have 3 or 4 wires going to it like older flasher units used to, but it has 8 wires.

its also very akward to get at,but then your Avensis may have more room.

Thank you for the replies regards the question.

Jas, there is nothing visible to place a phone in, or any holes where one might have been that’s why l thought it might be bluetooth.

There is an adaptor for iPod/iPhone charger in the glove box, but my iPhone does not work off it, just plays the music off the phone

Thank you for the replies regards the question.

Jas, there is nothing visible to place a phone in, or any holes where one might have been that’s why l thought it might be Bluetooth.

There is an adaptor for iPod/iPhone charger in the glove box, but my iPhone does not work off it, just plays the music off the phone

With the iPhone have you tried plugging it in and pressing CD on the head unit? The TNS 700 unit certainly works this way.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links