Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye

paintpot

just a quick post to say goodbye. The nightmare is finally over. Moved to Toyota from VW about 3 months ago and new almost imediatley i'd made a huge mistake. So now its hello to mr Audi and goodbye to a noisey, thirsty sluggish diesel that is the Auris 2.0 d4d engine.

In my quest to trade the auris in would just like to tell you I was declined a p/x because in the words of the salesman "not the sought of car we would want to take in p/x because they are more trouble than they are worth. Nice to know I wasnt parranoid

hey hey I.M FREE :-) :-) :-)

Hurry up lads before they are all gone!!!

just a quick post to say goodbye. The nightmare is finally over. Moved to Toyota from VW about 3 months ago and new almost imediatley i'd made a huge mistake. So now its hello to mr Audi and goodbye to a noisey, thirsty sluggish diesel that is the Auris 2.0 d4d engine.

In my quest to trade the auris in would just like to tell you I was declined a p/x because in the words of the salesman "not the sought of car we would want to take in p/x because they are more trouble than they are worth. Nice to know I wasnt parranoid

hey hey I.M FREE :-) :-) :-)

Hurry up lads before they are all gone!!!

To be fair to the Auris, for the salesman to make such a statement he either has something stuck up his !Removed! or simply didn't like YOUR car, not all Auris'.

I jumped ship last March and never looked back, but the Auris is not THAT BAD to warrant such a ridiculous statement.

Anyway, good luck with your Audi.

My wife has an A3 (2005 2.0 tdi) and it is starting to show signs of problems, such as losing Turbo during acceleration which can only be fixed with a restart, this problem is especially hairy on the motorway! Also it drinks oil like there is no tomorrow, this is not isolated to my wive's car either. Random electric gremlins that seems to fix itself only to reappear another day, just weird problems.

When it works properly its a fine car and has very good economy and drive-abilities, but its not cheap to keep/insure/fix.

Like you, we just got rid of our Auris (1.6 TR MMT). The MMT should tell you why! As all our other Toyotas have been good we stayed with them but went for a small iQ as my wife doesn't need such a big car anymore. The CVT on the iQ is streets ahead of the MMT, though I personally find the engine lacks the torque to make use of it properly.

Good luck all the best!

All I can say is I appreciate my 2.0D Auris, after driving past broken down BMW, AUDI, VW on motorway I know I have peace of mind.

I admit it is a little thirsty but I know its 100% reliable, the reason dealers dont want them is because the average person is under illusion of AUDI, VW, and the likes are good cars simply because they follow crowd and they sell. When they face reality they all want a reliable car which in todays terms = Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mazda.

Good luck with your new car, if its a petrol or diesel when your engine management light comes on, or your turbo or dual mass flywheel has had its day you will be wishing you had stuck with your good old, boring Toyota. :)

Good luck all the best!

All I can say is I appreciate my 2.0D Auris, after driving past broken down BMW, AUDI, VW on motorway I know I have peace of mind.

I admit it is a little thirsty but I know its 100% reliable, the reason dealers dont want them is because the average person is under illusion of AUDI, VW, and the likes are good cars simply because they follow crowd and they sell. When they face reality they all want a reliable car which in todays terms = Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mazda.

Good luck with your new car, if its a petrol or diesel when your engine management light comes on, or your turbo or dual mass flywheel has had its day you will be wishing you had stuck with your good old, boring Toyota. :)

So Toyota cars dont have problems then. Wonder why people on these forums post lies about faults they dont have. Cant understand it.

Of course they have faults it does not take an expert to figure out there will be a minority which are lemons from a mass vehicle production. Suprisingly Toyota will still top VAG cars and BMW in terms of reliability which shows if your complaining about a modern Toyota, good luck to you!

Of course they have faults it does not take an expert to figure out there will be a minority which are lemons from a mass vehicle production. Suprisingly Toyota will still top VAG cars and BMW in terms of reliability which shows if your complaining about a modern Toyota, good luck to you!

Where did you go for your rose tinted spectacles,was it spec savers.

Happy for you. Ive read somewhere that Toyota are going to fit BMW engines as a replacement to their present range of diesels but then you may know more about BMW engines than they do.

Its only fair you should contact them and share your ( considerable ? ) experiance with them.

Toyota and Lexus are usually higher up the annual reliability surveys, so there must be some truth in it.

Personally I've owned 2 VAG cars in the past. One never ever had a single problem and never went back to the dealers once. The other had a bearing go in the gearbox causing 3,5 and reverse to disintegrate and cost me £1500 for a new one.

My toyota on the other hand has been reliable, so it scores higher IMO.

As mentioned above, every make and model has a lemon come off the production line, and my Mondeo ST was a prime example of that when compared to the majority of others.

Happy for you. Ive read somewhere that Toyota are going to fit BMW engines as a replacement to their present range of diesels but then you may know more about BMW engines than they do.

Its only fair you should contact them and share your ( considerable ? ) experiance with them.

Cross that bridge when we get there! I will allow you to honour your complaints because it seems to be you that seems a little disturbed!

Toyota and Lexus are usually higher up the annual reliability surveys, so there must be some truth in it.

Personally I've owned 2 VAG cars in the past. One never ever had a single problem and never went back to the dealers once. The other had a bearing go in the gearbox causing 3,5 and reverse to disintegrate and cost me £1500 for a new one.

My toyota on the other hand has been reliable, so it scores higher IMO.

As mentioned above, every make and model has a lemon come off the production line, and my Mondeo ST was a prime example of that when compared to the majority of others.

Your right Dave its all pot luck. i had a vw jetta and a tdi passat and they were ultra reliable. but between them i had a golf that was almost the same as the jetta but had a boot ( these were more populer in other parts of the world than the golf )

the golf was what i called a monday morning car, both drive seals leaked,water pump leaked,headling fell down. alternator failed and several other things packed upin the first few months. all fixed under warranty and no other problems.but got rid px for the passat got all the money back i paid on it except road tax.

the engines were almost the same in all three.cars the golf was not as well balanced car to drive as the jetta by far.

it also had a nice big boot compared to the golf which on most hatchbacks is a drawback.

when you think of the thousands of parts that make up a car then its no wonder that there are some problems, it could be just a bulb or say a gearbox bearing in your case..most failures happen in the first few thousand miles so they say, and fixed under warranty. but if its a repeat failure of the same component cos of design that can be big troubles.

cars are tested and developed of hundreds of thousand miles and they seem ok for production,then when the general public buy them unseen faults develop.