Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reducing Tramlining

MikeLovinUK

Has anyone got any tips on how to reduce tramlining. Where we live the roads are in pretty bad conditiion and its causing a pretty uncomfortable ride for me in the Auris given that it tends to follow every little crevice in the road. Has anyone else experienced this and found a good solution?

What tyres are you using,

Are the pressures correct.

We have the same problem, but with the 2.0 d4d. The tyres are on 16" weels, as said int he handbook, with the correct pressure and load, and speed indexes. The winter tyres are pretty softer than the summer ones and still the same. When I hop in the Avensys i feel like I'm in a car with cushions. I'm not sure why, but the Auris feel pretty hard.

Can't say I've ever experienced this in my Auris with summer or winter tyres which has 225/45/17 as standard...

Did you get the alignment checked/done in the end Mike?

I'm using standard 16inch alloys at recommended pressure. Having the alignment done today Phil so fingers crossed, been given a brand new Yaris as a courtesy car today, which does still feel the bumps etc but the steering does seem less sensitive to the road. No where near as nice a car as the Auris mind!

Had the wheel alignment done but as expected hasn't really solved anything, ah well just gonna have to get used to the bumpy ride and start blaming the roads rather than the car!

What brand are your tyres, are they the same all round?

Is the speed and load rating the same as what the handbook specify, any markings like XL on the sidewalls?

They are all Contintental apart from one which is a Dunlop, no XL markings.

I noticed another problem last night when I was queing up for a mcdonalds that there is a high pitched squeal coming from the right hand side, not sure whether it was brakes or not as it was when the car was rolling rather than when I applied the brakes...any ideas?

Cheers

There could be a break squeal.

And for the road fill. We drive the car with Dunlop SP Sport 01 205/55R16 91V and some winter Continental TS830 91 H. As you can see the speed index on the continental's is one index lower, but in winter we tend to drive slower. All with pressure as in the handbook (front door label). With both tyres same result, a bumpy ride. We have 2 Avensis T25, one saloon, one wagon. A pretty close friend of mine has a Corola Hatch 1999 model, 1.6 petrol. Those cars ride pretty soft. I'm not sure but i thing that ours has a sport springs or smth else. But its pretty stable, even more stable in a turn than the Avensis T25. We have our Auris from Toyota, and it was a company car, they said.

sandwell2012040900484.jpg

I'm really not sure because the noise isn't actually made when I press the brake just when i'm moving along very slowly, its a weird one, appears to be plenty left on the pads, so can't see that being a problem. Any ideas?

99%, this is the squeacky rear breaks problem. There is a toyota buletin for this. Our had those changed last spring, and now is showing the same symptoms. It was a harsh winter this year. Our local Toyota said it's because of rust build up. They will have it a look tomorow afternoon and will see what's what. Strangely or not it becomes more noticable when worm. If it's cloudy -> nothing, but as soon as the sun breaks out and starts heating up, it starts squeaking.

There is a lot writen about this, so search the forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links