Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Site Is Rubbish!

firemac

Why did TOC engage a blind man to revamp their site? The white on black posting box is useless. I spend more time editing replies than I do typing them in the first place because it's frigging impossible to accurately place the cursor when deleting or back-spacing.

And the scrolling feature is still pants.

Rather than sending out welcome emails & Easter greetings, etc. why didn't the administrators spend the time getting the upgrade right instead? Better yet, why didn't they just leave the old site alone? THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!

Why did TOC engage a blind man to revamp their site? The white on black posting box is useless. I spend more time editing replies than I do typing them in the first place because it's frigging impossible to accurately place the cursor when deleting or back-spacing.

Rather than sending out welcome emails & Easter greetings, etc. why didn't the administrators spend the time getting the upgrade right instead? Better yet, why didn't they just leave the old site alone? THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!

No use complaining here Mate...

You have to Email someone who will then totally ignore You in the hope You will go away .... Or someone will tell You that its You machine is at fault despite every other site You visit being just fine.....

I agree though its awful...........

why didn't the administrators spend the time getting the upgrade right instead? Better yet, why didn't they just leave the old site alone? THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!

That's like saying "why on earth did they make the 4.3 with a 2AD engine" when the old 4.2 lump was bomb proof....

You have to move with the times :thumbsup:

I was using this forum before the change, now I use my iPhone a lot to check, write and reply to posts. I must say the new format is really simple and easy to use on a smart phone and perhaps they are taking into account the greater use of these types of devices when designing the revamp?

Couldn,t agree more with you Steve. I must admit was difficult at first when changed over but don,t have any problems now.

Regards Clare

I would wager a failed engine against the fact this site is mainly being accessed by mobile devices...most will be accessing from home on a PC or Laptop surely.....? Those accessing by hanhelds I would bet are in the vast minority, and should more than likely not be doing so in their employer's time....lol.

Big Kev

MIne seems to be ok now......scrolling ok,deleting ok.

At the moment anyway :lol:

By the way folks...how do you do that linky thing,if you want to share a link to another site ? ?....ie ....say ..to show you all something i've seen ?

You just copy/cut the link from the address bar of the other site then past it on here. It should work. There might be other ways of doing it but that's what I do and it works for me. :)

I don't have any problems with the site such as with scrolling etc.

I would wager a failed engine against the fact this site is mainly being accessed by mobile devices...most will be accessing from home on a PC or Laptop surely.....? Those accessing by hanhelds I would bet are in the vast minority, and should more than likely not be doing so in their employer's time....lol.

Big Kev

Yeah you may be right at the moment but smart phones, iPads and tablets are the future. I am self employed and travel around to different sites and most younger people I meet (trying not to be ageist ha ha) are connected 24/7.

Ahem, and the not so young as well....are connected 24/7 it just helps that I can remember how to switch off a device rather than place on standby :lol:

I connect mainly from a mobile device it's called convenience.

Gus

P.s. you need to be able to do so for full functionality of the touch and go.

you should get a bluetooth keyboard for the touch and go :)

FWIW, I connect to TOC via Netbook on Windows7, Android Smartphone and Apple iPad, and for READING, I prefer the iPad. POSTING, it's the PC.

For posting I find the sire fine but for reading on a high definition monitor I think the font could be blacker...

David

Jim (Firemac) was it the three duplicate posts on Alloy Wheel Refurb that got you mad, cause I would have been as well!!!!!!!!

Regards Clare

It,s a so and so for doing that

It doesn't matter whether We like it or not nothing is ever done about the problems and Emailing someone has proved to be another waste of time ...

Get a smart phone, with this site its so much easier, what phone you got Charlie?......for instant reading and replys, this mobile website version is ace... So easy...........everything is going mobile devices.....you get the hang of it in no time :thumbsup:

Excuse the spelling though, its my phones spell checker honest :lol:

Get a smart phone, with this site its so much easier, what phone you got Charlie?......for instant reading and replys, this mobile website version is ace... So easy...........everything is going mobile devices.....you get the hang of it in no time :thumbsup:

Excuse the spelling though, its my phones spell checker honest :lol:

iPhone 4S Mate but haven't a clue how to use it !!.................

I have an advanced spell checker due to My dyslexia.. So posting from the phone might prove a problem even if I knew how ... B)

Jim (Firemac) was it the three duplicate posts on Alloy Wheel Refurb that got you mad, cause I would have been as well!!!!!!!!

Regards Clare

It,s a so and so for doing that

No, I think that was just FFS (fat finger syndrome).

But tres kind of you to point it out...... :D

I only use the forum from an iPod touch and an iPhone. I think there are a few restrictions etc, but when the format was changed, for me, it looks much better an easier to use!

Dave

Only ever use it from my HTC. I rarely use a "real" computer for anything other than work these days, or looking at eBay photos on a larger screen before I bid/buy.

Works great on android.

No problem with the TOC site using an IPad

More and more TOC members are Useing mobile devices to access the site!

The emails that some of you have sent to Steve (Admin) are being assessed and actioned where appropriate

The emails that some of you have sent to Steve (Admin) are being assessed and actioned where appropriate

The following should be taken only in the context it is being asked....terrible that that qualification has to be made that's only indicative of the way this site and its demeanour has been evolving recently, only partly brought about by its new livery......question :

"So should I have to dump two perfectly good wireless machines and buy an iPad in order to have no problems with this site, both of which worked the site perfectly before.....?"

Scrolling problems now intermittent, but fall more on the side of "still a problem",

and time to load and change screens sometimes woeful.

Big Kev

I cannot have an adenoid phone for another 12mths (on contract) the phone i have is useless I unintentionally keep sending some of my naughtier texts to, My mother (84) my doctor, and Manchester town hall, :eek: and i am NOT kidding, and now the Govt are going to be reading them too, I will soon be posting from strangeways Prison, I also bought the "I PAD" below but it has not improved my vision one Iota.. :D Stew

I cannot have an adenoid phone for another 12mths (on contract) the phone i have is useless I unintentionally keep sending some of my naughtier texts to, My mother (84) my doctor, and Manchester town hall, :eek: and i am NOT kidding, and now the Govt are going to be reading them too, I will soon be posting from strangeways Prison, I also bought the "I PAD" below but it has not improved my vision one Iota.. :D Stew

Joypodavatarwithtanandeyepatch.jpg

The following should be taken only in the context it is being asked....terrible that that qualification has to be made that's only indicative of the way this site and its demeanour has been evolving recently, only partly brought about by its new livery......question :

"So should I have to dump two perfectly good wireless machines and buy an iPad in order to have no problems with this site, both of which worked the site perfectly before.....?"

Scrolling problems now intermittent, but fall more on the side of "still a problem",

and time to load and change screens sometimes woeful.

Big Kev

Junk in junk out.

I've tried getting connected to the site but don't know where to look;

phone.jpg

No problem with the TOC site using an IPad More and more TOC members are Useing mobile devices to access the site! The emails that some of you have sent to Steve (Admin) are being assessed and actioned where appropriate
The following should be taken only in the context it is being asked....terrible that that qualification has to be made that's only indicative of the way this site and its demeanour has been evolving recently, only partly brought about by its new livery......question : "So should I have to dump two perfectly good wireless machines and buy an iPad in order to have no problems with this site, both of which worked the site perfectly before.....?" Scrolling problems now intermittent, but fall more on the side of "still a problem", and time to load and change screens sometimes woeful. Big Kev
Junk in junk out. I've tried getting connected to the site but don't know where to look; phone.jpg

Spooky....every time a few moans (and that is what they are...) arise about this scrolling problem, it clears up in a couple of days....coincidence...? Working perfectly today.

No need furtay bother anybody on phone, Don....have followed all your and other "tuning" hints hereon....comes and goes at it pleaseth....

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links