Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Mpg

AYGO_BLACK07

Whats the best MPG anybody has got out of an Aygo?

I have a 2007 Black and at best have hit 59mpg. The most miles I've had out of a full tank is 440.

Can this be beat?

Hi there, i have had just over 65 MPG in a Blue Manual. Average over 18,000 miles has been just over 60MPG.

I have also had 461 miles out of a tank (and i think i hadn't got down to the last bar of petrol)

Hope this helps

I have a 2007 Black and at best have hit 59mpg. The most miles I've had out of a full tank is 440.

Can this be beat?

I always fill up with plenty of fuel in reserve but did manage 390 miles last time. My average since I bought the Aygo, over 4000 miles ago, is 56.8 mpg. I believe the long term average is more accurate than a one off calculation which may have significant error involved. I expect my average to improve with warmer weather over the summer but not worried if it doesn't!

My previous car averaged 54 mpg and that was a Generation 2 Prius.

David

My best is 71.4 mpg, generally during the summer I'll get 65mpg doing 60mph

Thanks for the feedback. No way I'd be able to hit more than 60+mpg. I do about 80 miles a day on a motorway sitting at about 60ish.

I'm on Castrol Magnatec, K&N filter and upgraded spark plugs.

68 is my best tank to tank, usually its around 55-60.

Thanks for the feedback. No way I'd be able to hit more than 60+mpg. I do about 80 miles a day on a motorway sitting at about 60ish.

I do 110 miles a day, with 90 of those being on a motorway, it's possible to easily get 60+mpg at 60mpg - all you need is a light touch

I'm going to change the oil soon and give it a service. Best check the tyre pressures too? I don't rag the car at all. What psi do you run?

Can this be beat?

I've got a 56 reg Aygo Black. The best I've had is 65mpg and 500 miles from a tank. My average from the last 12 months is about 57mpg and 470 miles from a tank.

I'm going to change the oil soon and give it a service. Best check the tyre pressures too? I don't rag the car at all. What psi do you run?

I live in a hilly area.

Cold winter mpg, about 50-52mpg.

Long summer motorway trips at 60mph, about 62-64mpg.

Tyre pressures.

My first set of tyres wore the insid & outside edges of the front tyres

more than the centres. for the last couple of years, both my Aygo & my wife's

have been at 32psi rear and 34psi front. This gives perfectly level wear.

I also change wheels diagonaly at least once a year depending on how the tyres are wearing.

Ian.

Checked my tyres today and they needed a bit of air in each. Hopefully see a higher mpg closer to other members.

Best result 79.1 mpg last sumer on a long run up the m6.Over the 12 months of ownership on a 3 mile commute av 55mpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure of my MPG for my brand new Aygo Go but we have just been on a trip which consisted of motorways and "A" roads and also country lanes with steep hills and have covered 340 miles and still have 2 bars remaining so is this good??

Thanks.

eeeeh ive got 08 plate aygo my best MPG is about 51 haha no way can i get it more and that was all motorway when i used to use car for work.. now i just potter i dread to think what it is haha how do you guys get good mpg?!

Not too sure of my MPG for my brand new Aygo Go but we have just been on a trip which consisted of motorways and "A" roads and also country lanes with steep hills and have covered 340 miles and still have 2 bars remaining so is this good?? Thanks.

Can be difficult to go by number of bars left as it varies between aygos, for me on my best runs my bars go at the following rates:-

6 bars - 000 miles

5 bars - 124 miles

4 bars - 220 miles

3 bars - 310 miles

2 bars - 405 miles

1 bars - 470 miles (estimated)

0 bars - 500 miles (estimated)

My experience has been that the traffic conditions make such a difference that it's almost impossible to generalise about fuel consumption.

For my first 2 years of Aygo ownership, my commute was around 5 miles in heavy urban traffic, much of it uphill in 2nd gear behind a bus. My average MPG was 42, with several individual fill-ups well below 40. That doesn't sound very impressive but is around 5 mpg better than the 19-year old 1.0 Micra I traded in to get the Aygo.

I changed jobs last Dec and my commute is now around 12 miles each way - still some traffic, but most of it is on more open roads where I can get into 5th. Average mpg since then is 51, with individual fill-ups varying between 47 & 56. I also notice it improves in warmer weather, and my current average is measured over the winter months - so I expect it to get a bit better yet.

Same car, same driver (and driving style), same time of day - but over 20% better average fuel economy. So I wouldn't get too hung up on whether anyone gets better or worse than you, that kind of comparison is only valid if you both do the same route at the same time.

Can be difficult to go by number of bars left as it varies between aygos, for me on my best runs my bars go at the following rates:-

6 bars - 000 miles

5 bars - 124 miles

4 bars - 220 miles

3 bars - 310 miles

2 bars - 405 miles

1 bars - 470 miles (estimated)

0 bars - 500 miles (estimated)

I'm on first at 120, 2nd at 213 for this tank so it should be good.

As for pressures I run 38+ all round - much above that and the ride gets rough.

I have an Aygo Black 07 and get a consistant 66-68mpg doing 90 miles of driving a day (22k a year) along the A25 from Rochester, Kent to Dorking, Surrey; and along the M25 same route. Generally it doesn't seem to matter to me if I drive along a motorway or through the towns with varying speed limits (A25).

I always stick to a speed between 60-65 mph and try use engine breaking as much as possible.

Like Lakeuk, I also memorised the distance per bar on the fuel gauge so I know that I'm driving as efficiently as I can:

6 bars - 000 miles

5 bars - 145 miles

4 bars - 240 miles

3 bars - 320 miles

2 bars - 410 miles (approx)

1 bars - 480 miles (approx)

0 bars - 520 miles (estimated)

3rd gear at 25mph, 4th gear at 30mph, 5th at 35mph.

Hope it helps others get more out of the stupidly expensive petrol.

• 4 weeks later...

This mornings flll up confirmed my next milestone in my aygo, normally I'll do a fill up every 3 commuter runs if the weather is bad and/or I've had my speed above the optimum for mpg (333mile mark) - or I'll fill up every 4 commuter runs if I've been sticking to 55mph etc.. (441mile mark)

Normally on a good 4 run set I'll go from 3 to 2 bars about 35-45 miles away from the end of my 4th commuter run, on Friday I finished my 4th run still on 3 bars - so this morning I was wondering if I'd get the the filling station still on 3 bars which is 2.2miles way, alas I set of for my fillup and it went down to 2 bars 1.2miles away from the filling station.

I filled up the tank to full to the second click as I normally do and this put 27.86 litres into my tank, which is what I'd normally put in for a my 3 commuter run scenario which would average me 333miles.

Well today my fill up was at the 441.8mile mark and putting my details in Fuelly this gives me 72.1mpg, my best ever figure for my petrol aygo which would support 555miles on one tank full. My driving style was pretty normal for the 55mph level but the early morning this past week have been vary warm so I think this has helped my car get to optimum temperature quicker

For my current run I've blow the mpg challenge, I did 55mph going in but had meal out this evening and brought a work colleague home, I feel bad driving someone at 55mph for 60 miles so drove at 70mph which will probable pull me down to the low/mid 60's mpg mark

Wow these figures are amazing. I've just used my first full tank and got 45mpg. My daily commute is a nightmare for economy though, 40 miles of VERY hilly roads and lots of slowing down and speeding up as its all single carriageway. Need to check tyre pressures as a starter and I think I'll ask Toyota to flash my ECU. That worked wonders on my Hyundai i10. It went from 35mpg to 50mpg in an instant.

Hi,

have to say i'm dissapointed with mine so far.

Got a month old Aygo Ice,

Have an 8 mile town commute, heavy traffic but also times in 5th, and am getting about 43 mpg.

This is with very careful gentle driving, coasting, even turning off engine in long lights.

I was getting 32 mpg in my 10 yearold 1.4 Skoda. And that was putting my foot down.

Adam

I'm surprised at all the people getting under 45 mpg.

That's only 330 miles per tank.

I've been at 300 miles and still had three bars left. And that was when I lived and drove in a very busy city (Cambridge).

Plus the last bar of fuel lasts way longer than people expect. I've driven for 50+ miles on it.

NOT RECOMMENDED. It was unavoidable and I was more than a little nervous about not making it to the next fuel station. The flashing gets faster the less fuel you have, it's terrifying.

I'd say on a good day I get 65 mpg and when my right foot's felling a little heavy about 50.

Minns

Hi there I leave in Greece and since the gas has risen to almost 2 euros per litre, I am interested on an even better eco driving than 400 km for 30 euros gas (1,8 per litre). I don't know how to calculate that in Miles per Gallon. My car has no rpm meter, or a driving calculator for the gas consumption, so i want some info: What is the more eco friendly shift for each speed of the car??? Thanks

I am getting 53mpg on the urban cycle but most of that is mainly commuting so i would imagine it would be even better on a motorwaqy journey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links