Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got A G6

Tree360

Hello, I've just brought a 1999 1.6 G6 and wondered if you have any tips for it?

What are you wanting to know specifically?

Depends on what you want from the car really. Good to see another E11 on here :-)

Well I use it as a daily mainly. It has a 4a-fe in it but looking around it doesn't look like there is much point doing much to them. Its a reliable car so don't want to ruin it but want to make it my own. Loving it already though

True about tweaking the motor, best to do mainly smaller details, as they make the best differences, my opinion obviously!

Get a pic or two up so we can use it as a base for ideas.

Colour coding bits, de-badging, wind deflectors, lowering, later model/higher spec part swaps, keep it clean and polished.....all ideas for a start.

Good points! A few small details will give it a bit of a difference. Here are some pics :-)

post-119889-0-73709800-1333748705_thumb.

post-119889-0-17350100-1333748774_thumb.

Unless its a g6r it wont be a 1.6?! Nothing out there in terms of performance im affaid as there a hughly strung 1.3 from factory :(

Looks well :-)

Polish it properly and wax it, revitilise the Red colour. Full on detail, inside and out, and under the bonnet, gives a real tidy base to work from.

Colour code the rear spoiler? Rear silencer? Or just a stainless trim to keep costs down? Lower it, set of matched shocks and springs is better than just springs (given the age of the standard shocks especially)?, Clear side repeaters? Front bulb upgrade?

I could go on but I'd probably bore you ;-)

That looks pretty tidy Elliot, I wouldn't do to much to it (but it's your car).

I would ask myself what you want from it, and how long you plan on keeping it. Huge modifications are going to cost ££££, but little tweaks over a longer period of time would be nice.

Try and keep on top of the red paint, as it's a sod to keep red. Maybe black up the spoiler lip and rear wing (in keeping with the oem style), or go for a red match. Wheels look nice, and are right for the car, but again depends on what you want from it. As for my E11 I just keep it in good running order and clean(ish) ;-)

Nice to see another E11 in the mix.

I read that about it being a g6 with a 1.6 but it is registered as a 1999V Toyota Corolla G6, 1587CC Petrol, 3DR, Manual so not sure. Had it for a week and planning on giving it a good wash an wax this week! I like the idea of colour coding the the front lip an spoiler! They're the standard rims but are looking a bit naff, liking the rims on your E11, which are they? Only done 44k so gonna keep it a while.

Got to love the bug eyes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: back where it all started for me :D

My rims are MiM alloys, 16", fitted to the T.T.E's...

Theres a set on eBay at this moment for £250..

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, think I'm gonna get the originals refurbed, seen pics on here an they look good. Is there a good place to find TTE parts? Having a hard time finding them. Front splitter rear spoiler etc?

Good luck - TTE have long shut down, and parts dont come up often and when they do expect to pay a premium. I searched for a year for my spoiler.

There is however the whole kit on eBay atm - front bumper and spoiler and alloys. But as said there alot of money