Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 98 E11 Corolla Tte :)(Pic Heavy!)

kashkash7867

Hi guys, i've been lurking around these forums for a while now and thought i'd start my own thread.

I bought this car back in January, it's got 66,000 miles on the clock, runs like a charm. I don't know what it is about the car but its great fun to drive and has quite a bit of torque at the lower end in my opinion. Ever since i've put the induction kit on the engine sounds immense after 3000 revs but it's not really economic, but i didn't start this project for economic reasons :)

My car is more or less complete now, just a few bits needed doing here and there but it looks much better.

It took a while but it was worth it! Pics below.

All thanks to:

Road Runners

Marsh Mills

Luck Lane

Huddersfield

1. New beginnings - The car before i decided she was going under the knife lol

002.jpg

003.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

058.jpg

2. Beefing up the engine

What we did was add a:

- K&N Induction Kit 2nd Generation

- Three point strut brace

- Uprated Red Ignition Leads

Considering the engine is a 4a-fe there's not much else that can be done to it, unless you want to get the custom turbo manifold from eBay, but i'd rather not go that route just yet :)

The engine bay needs a really good clean though, will do that in the future.

019.jpg

181.jpg

3. New front lip and eyes! - We got the quad headlights on the front and the front TTE bumper on. The car was already looking meaner than ever.

153.jpg

154.jpg

156.jpg

4. Remus TTE Backbox - getting this to fit my exhaust required a modification by Sid at Road Runners, did a great job, watch out for the sparks!

189.jpg

193.jpg

196.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

5. Kenwood 2-way Speakers - getting a bit more oomph in my Speakers!

231.jpg

232.jpg

235.jpg

6. MOMO steering wheel - getting around them corners that little bit quicker :)

240.jpg

243.jpg

246.jpg

7. 16" Team Dynamics alloys - moving from the standard 14" SR wheels to these bigger wheels, i felt a significant difference in handling and grip from the tyres.

030.jpg

227.jpg

8. The finished product - sort of :)

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

267.jpg

272.jpg

306.jpg

Here's the list of things that have been done to the car:

- K&Ni Induction Kit 2nd Generation

- 3 Point Strut Brace

- Uprated Red Ignition Leads

- Remus TTE Backbox

- MOMO Steering Wheel

- Sony Xplod headunit + Kenwood 2-way door Speakers + JBL basstube + tweeters (pics in the future)

- Front TTE Bumper

- Quad Headlight Conversion

- TTE Sideskirts

- Rear windows tinted with Dark Smoke

- 16" Team Dynamics Jet Black alloys

- TTE Spoiler

- Clear side repeaters

- Back lexus style lights

To do list for the future:

1. Foggies on the TTE bumper wiring up

2. Electric mirrors wiring up, mirrors themselves are installed

3. G6R speedometer conversion

4. Straight through exhaust with a Rage backbox (might just leave everything TTE but will see in the future)

I'm not going to lower the car as it'll mean i'll have to sacrifice the ride. One thing i love about the car is it's soft suspension and the fact that it feels really smooth over bumps etc. I won't be lowering the car.

Well, there it is, let me know if you guys hate it or love it :)

Cheers.

A nice little project there :) thanks for uploading the picture.

Can I ask, when you fitted the steering wheel how did you get around the air bag warning light on the dash ?

Can I ask, when you fitted the steering wheel how did you get around the air bag warning light on the dash ?

I haven't, which is a problem i'll need to fix, any ideas how you might be able to get around it? I've just gotten used to the light being on all the time.

Very tidy, i really like it :D but i would need to find a way to sort the arch gap though, can you get some gentle lowering springs? I could get my head in there :lol: ;)

I haven't, which is a problem i'll need to fix, any ideas how you might be able to get around it? I've just gotten used to the light being on all the time.

I believe this is now an MOT failure :(

I believe this is now an MOT failure :(

Oh well, only took 5 minutes to put the wheel on, i'll change it when MOT comes around ;)

Its a ridiculous rule , there are so many cars out there with airbag lights on , including my ****roen. Gonna have get access to and break the light :)

That wont work anymore either - the bulb has to illuminate and go off on the mot now. Cars that came out of factory with an airbag will have have to remain fitted unless other saftey equipment is fitted. ie for track use with bucket/harness/cage

The only way i can think of doing it would be to cut the airbag light feed off and run a wire from the oil pressure/engine management light. This would mean it would come on and go off when the ignition is turned on/off

It is an MOT failure, I got around this when I had a Saxo (yes a 16v one) by putting in a little 2 ohms resister, not sure if this would work on the Corolla.. ?

It is an MOT failure, I got around this when I had a Saxo (yes a 16v one) by putting in a little 2 ohms resister, not sure if this would work on the Corolla.. ?

Not anymore - if the car was fitted from factory with one it has to be there, unless its blatent the cars used for track/rally perposes. Mots have got a lot more stricter, but it still depends on if you know the guy testing it ;)

Sadly for me I work at a BP/Ford dealership, so my cars MOT is prob one of the strictest in the land :(

That wont work anymore either - the bulb has to illuminate and go off on the mot now. Cars that came out of factory with an airbag will have have to remain fitted unless other saftey equipment is fitted. ie for track use with bucket/harness/cage

The only way i can think of doing it would be to cut the airbag light feed off and run a wire from the oil pressure/engine management light. This would mean it would come on and go off when the ignition is turned on/off

That will do.

Nice one!

Lights are very Impreza-esque. As for you airbag light, just do a wheel swap at the time.

I spoke to our MOT tester at work today, and he said if the car is motorsport themed then he would pass it. I understand this to mean, cage, bucket seats etc...

I spoke to our MOT tester at work today, and he said if the car is motorsport themed then he would pass it. I understand this to mean, cage, bucket seats etc...

Yeah i think i'd have to follow Steven252's advice or have a word with the mechanic on how to get around it. Thanks for the tips guys.

love the headlights!

i was after a set for my previous car many moons ago but i gave up in the end as they never made them for RHD-cars. i believe they are made in germany or something and thus the light is directed the other way - how have you overcome this issue?

• 2 years later...

Very nice and clean E11 you got there bud :)

May I ask though, where did you get those headlights? Been looking and cant seem to find ANY??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links