Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iphone Phonebook Download To Car

don21

I've got the same 58 plate Prius T-Spirit. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to sync the iPhone address book to it. I think there's a specific bluetooth profile which the car needs but the iPhone doesn't support. I'm on the iPhone developer programme too so every time a new version of iOS comes out I give it another try. No joy so far.

BTW I'm a bit confused as to whether you're talking about a Prius or an Auris. I'm assuming Prius as you said gen2. Apologies if I'm wrong - I realise your profile info says Auris and I don't know much about them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Two Toyotas now in the family.

Wife has Auris 2.0D4D I used to have Mazda 3 just changed to Prius.

Love my iPhone but hate its limited funcionality.

Been looking at some websites and everyone says the same. Cannot be done with iPhone.

I will check the manual out to see if there is a way to manually add contacts to the address book of the phone system.

The iPhone's bluetooth is crippled by Apple. About all you can do with it is telephone calls and stream music. You cannot transfer phone book contacts, files, or photos.

Apple strikes again with limited functionality.

Do they want us to all go Android?

You could do worse . . . . :driving:

My last two 'phones have been a Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Samsung Galaxy Note (running Android 2.3.6). They both worked very well and I have had no trouble with connection to the Prius or with downloading my contact data-base.

The iPhone's Bluetooth is crippled by Apple. About all you can do with it is telephone calls and stream music. You cannot transfer phone book contacts, files, or photos.

Transferred all my contacts from both my 3GS and 4S no problem in my third gen Prius.

The limitation regarding this would appear to be with the car, not the phone.

With mine I just used an old phone I had lying around, think it was a Sony Ericsson one. I paired it with my mac and synchronised all of the contacts with it from my address book. Then paired it with the car temporarily to transfer the contact across.

Thing is, I don't use them though as I just use the iPhone voice recognition anyway as I've found it very good and uses the bluetooth car kit microphone. Just press and hold the home button on the iPhone for a few seconds, then it beeps and wakes up the car kit so you can say who you want to call. So you say for instance "call Joe Bloggs Mobile". And if you have an iPhone 4S the same applies, but it just activates SIRI instead which also works fine.

Thing is, I don't use them though as I just use the iphone voice recognition anyway as I've found it very good and uses the bluetooth car kit microphone. Just press and hold the home button on the iphone for a few seconds, then it beeps and wakes up the car kit so you can say who you want to call.

That's exactly how I do it with BluLogic and my iPhone 4. Press the button, it beeps, then I say "Call Home" and it responds "Calling Home Home." And if I say "Call Jimmy", it will respond "Multiple entries for Jimmy--Home, Work, or Mobile?" and I say "Mobile" then it responds "Calling Jimmy Mobile." Works great, even without Siri.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links