Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaking Clutch Master Cylinder

shoey078

I have a 2008 avensis tourer diesel, bought it about 8 months ago and it is still under warranty. I have an intermittent problem with the clutch pedal, sometimes when the pedal is pressed it makes a creaking noise, it will do this for probably 30/ 40 presses an then just stop the creaking, it always seems to do it when I am not near the T dealer. When it is making the noise if I place my hand on the master cylinder I can actually feel it vibrating, there doesn't seem to be much point in taking it in when it is working ok. What I need to know is has anyone out there experienced the same problem and should I be worried about it.

• 1 month later...

i have this same problem on my corolla tsport... ive had people telling me to get a new clutch peddle... i havent had a chance to get one myself and try it becoz i dont find it much of a problem... but maybe that may help if u tryed it? let me know if u do aswel mate or if u do get it sorted how

cheers and good luck

This may not be the pedal pivot that is sqeaking.

This was a common sound on plant hydraulics and was caused by a small amount of the oil finding it's way past the piston seal. Apart from the noise they made, which was a really load squeal,due to the higher pressure,they could continue working for quite a while.

Del

• 1 month later...

I had this on my T Sport Compressor, it used to really annoy me. I managed to fix it by getting in the footwell and spraying a load of silicon spray grease on the part the clutch pedal pushes/pulls though the bulkhead. I have no idea what this part is but it solved the problem for me, I done this maybe a year ago and the creaking hasn't returned.

It's a bit of a pain to reach and I had to remove a peice of plastic trim, but it's well worth it to get rid of the creeking.