Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Mileage Is Your Mr2? (n/a)

Cally007

Well today I phoned a guy who was selling his car in autotrader and the car looks nice enough in the picture and he said its in excelent conditon appart from the front bumper has faded a bit at one side but he thought it could be buffed up ok. It has full service history mostly toyota but then his local garage for the last few stamps.

So i asked the milage and it was 140,000. Basically I thought that is pretty damn high for a car I would be looking to buy, but at the end of the day its a 1992 J plate so its going to be reasonably high.

Anyways, I was wondering what mileage all your cars are and what they were at when you bought them etc. And would it be wise to even consider buying one with such high mileage?

mrtwo.jpg

1992 TOYOTA MR2 T-BAR 16V, 1992,

J reg. met black, FSH, long MoT, leather interior,uk car, 16 alloys, full e pack, alarm/immob, SONY CD player, excellent condition, only. £2,295 . ono

its in leeds and I am from glasgow...

Cheers.

Mine is arround 128,000 it all depends on servicing/how its been driven for thoes miles and as it is not a turbo should go on more miles (its not like you are buying a ford or sumthin elce crap lol)

mine has 137k on it now and it drives like it just came out the factory!

Fsh is always a bonus.

Oh by the way i travelled from glasgow to leeds to buy mine too!! :D

Hi mate,

like always if it has a PROPER full history then it should be ok....

i've had several and some have had up to 170k+... not a problem as long as it has been well maintained.

just make sure you ask before you travel all that way that the gears dont crunch or pop out as some do... clutch is Ok and engine pulls/sounds well... also worth asking how long he/she has owned it and if it is all Toyota History....

Rash.

My n/a is 107300 with full service history on a K plate. I think it was at 91k when I bought it.

FSH is a good thing, the car has been looked after. I don't think it matters if its dealer or not when the car is old and its value is not that high.

You will never know how the car has been driven.

Remember you are looking at a 12 year old car. I think the mileage is a little high, so use that as a bargaining tool.

My baby's only done 38k on an L plate and had only 29k when I bought it last May. One of the benefits of having an import :)

Ok,

The Turbo has done 63,300 miles However....... the white car has done.......

194,200 miles. The only problem with the engine is that it has blown a sparkplug due to a stupid mechanic cross-threading/ not tightening the plug correctly. The plug just about holds in there at the mo, and when started the engine sounds fine. The gearbox is good still too. It has got a FSH, which testifies that good servicing is essential. In a worst case scenario, a low milage replacement engine can be had for around £700 and it's not unusual to see gearboxes for around £300. So not all bad. If you can fit these yourself, then your quids in.

Yep pretty high, but a testiment to the quality of the engineering. It's mostly motorway miles, so not too much high revving stuff and older driver, so I expect the engine has worn pretty well :).

the white car has done.......

194,200 miles.

oh damn - you've beaten me...... right that's it i'm gonna look for one that has done over 200k :lol:

I'll take a picture of the dash when I'm next with it. We're hoping to take it well in to the 200,000's may require a partial engine build along the way......

My old NA was on 120,000 and the G'box went .. engine was still sweet though ..

G'Box went at 120,000. Does that shows how u drive?? no ofence Bibb

Every car I've owned has needed a new clutch after 6/12 months ..

The G'box went in the NA 3 weeks after I sold it ..

Ouch!! I've never needed a new clutch on a car or a gearbox for that matter..... I think we may have slightly different driving styles.....:)

So did mine at 120k on my first n/a. Spooky!

My 1990 n/a I sold at 156k

My 1998 n/a I sold at 71k

My current 1994 turbo has 29k on the clock

Rowland W

just going to leave it i think and look for somethin with a lower mileage..

Whats the going price/ reasonable price to pay for a J plate - L plate n/a with reasonably low miles for age? 2-3k?

My n/a import has done 158,000 k/m about 95,000 miles on a '91.

I also need a new clutch after just over 12 months... these cars are made to be driven!

my cavalier v6 had done 202,000 miles when i sold it last summer, and still bullet proof. :thumbsup:

engines are built to last longer nowadays - its only your old skool tyre kickers that think anything over 50,000 is knackered!

Yep... my old Mk3 cav had done 136k and it was still pulling like new.

Engines are built to last now... but motorway miles do help.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to register and reply when I saw this post.

'91 Blk Mr2 MKII, Sunroof, stock N/A ....... miles? 240K+ !!! hehe, those are Los Angeles commuter miles.

Do I win a free engine rebuild for the most ever miles on a MR2?

hey guys (and iv also noticed afew more girls too :D ) im finally back from uni hls, so i can start checking the forum regularly!!

just wanted to say that i have a black '91 (J)reg mr2 and it has done 105,683 miles-it had just under 98k wen purchased in sept 03. i feel like im the first owner of the vechicle-it still flies like you woudnt believe! it had part SH (mostly last 40k's worth-but 10yrs worth of mots) and mine have mainly been motorway miles (150miles round trip each fornight)

hey nicola, uv done abt 1k more than me-not to worry, i guess il just have to cruise through gold street 5times a night now instead!! :D