Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

Declan Mayock

Im thinking of fitting the genuine lowering springs, i think it gives a drop of 30mm, wondering is it worth it im running on 15" alloys, its more for the handling than looks car has quiet a bit of roll on the corners, would the lowering springs help you think?

You may have to change the dampers as well.

Personally I find the AURIS does roll but I prefer the soft suspension to the unforgiving ride in some German makes.

Can you try a AURIS SR180 or similar as they all have lowered suspension, and if you like it then go ahead.

With genuine lowering springs you don't need new dampers. They are fine just like that.

On top of fitting lowering springs, you should consider bigger and wider rims. I suggest you start with the springs, then change the rims if it's not enough.

If you don't want to compromise the comfort, you can always install some strut and sway bars. They will reduce the roll without affecting the ride quality in any way!

The genuine lowering springs are said to be made by Eibach, who make very good progressive rate springs not to Compromise on ride quality. I have them fitted to my SR and hardly noticed any change in ride quality and it corners a lot flatter.They lower quite nicely on the front but are a bit higher on the rears,mind you the car sits level as it should do.

Yea that's true what jig says. Springs do not affect the quality that much. Mostly low profile tyres.

cheers guys have a set ordered so hopefully have them fitted in the next week or two, will post a before and after shot, got them very reasonable so should be a cheap mod

The genuine lowering springs are said to be made by Eibach, who make very good progressive rate springs not to Compromise on ride quality. I have them fitted to my SR and hardly noticed any change in ride quality and it corners a lot flatter.They lower quite nicely on the front but are a bit higher on the rears,mind you the car sits level as it should do.

mine is a 2012 sr and fitted motorsport springs to mine and find it sits lower on the rear but put a spirit level on the car and its level, they was also the same on my 2010 sr aswell

Didn't realise they did an SR for the 2012 model year ! I thought it had been dropped about 2 years ago, lol.

nope still do it, theres a couple of suttle changes to the interior from the last 1 i had, theres a tray on top of the dash where they used to be an air vent for 1, i will get some pics of it when its clean lol, heres the car at the showroom waiting for its pdi

post-97818-0-81213000-1334689087_thumb.j

U get an sr ok but the sr 180 not made anymore

• 2 weeks later...

lowering springs fitted today, took before pics and when i went to take after pics i deleted the before :disgust:, will upload what pics i have later

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links