Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, Sat Nav Problems

Paul Foreman

I am a very proud owner of a Toyota auris 2012 model. Give it the mpg is 15 less than they promised me! But still beats most cars.

However it's the sat nav I am having issues with at the,moment.

It only seems to be in central London. Couple weekends ago I traveled from west ham to Croydon and it froze 10 times with me having to restart my engine each time to get it back

2 days later went to Croydon from home. So via m25 not London and didn't freeze once

Then yesterday I travelled from work in central London to a petrol station I needed to get to (having sainsburys vouchers to fill up can be hassle) and it again froze about 3 times.

Have spoken to Toyota today they have never heard of this issue but will look into it and get back to me

Has anyone heard or experienced this?

Such a shame other than this it's such a great car

Well last night confirmed it..

driving towards central london.. working fine

soon as i get around 10 miles from central london it freezes

yet on way home stopped for fuel about 10 miles outside and from there on worked perfectly fine

thank goodness i know my way around central london

In london are you travelling between tall buildings as this can affect the gps signal?

Not many tall buildings but I mean it completely freezes like the screen freezes to that pooint. I can use all my other touch screen services but even if I cancel the guidance the route remains

Also once I'm out of London it doesn't unfreeze it only works again after a turning off of engine

Is it a CD/DVD based system as the disc may be scratched. Either that or you could reset the system by disconnecting the Battery for 10 mins. Double check that procedure if you have the hybrid

Have you heard back from Toyota yet?

I would agree, just cos it's new doesn't mean it won't be scratched. They could probably take one out of their demo cars temporarily for you to see if it is the cause...

I am experiencing the 15mpg less than the stated 70.4 ,I know you are never probably going to get it but I would at least to get mileage within 10% variation

I have the hybrid model as well ,the car is so good to drive I will not want to give it back when the contract comes to the end!

The sat nav problem I have not encountered yet .

I run an Auris HSD, currently I am getting 55 MPG, the quoted figures are not real life figures and you will rarely get them in normal driving conditions. In winter, my MPG drops to 50 or so. If you do more town work, I reckon the MPG would be much nearer the combined figures

Kingo :thumbsup:

The thing that got me.. was the combined figures were 70mpg as were the others

so it kind of implied that it would always get 70 lol

i have to agree that you just need to perfect conditions. I got 65 and 70 the other night but was when there was no traffic on the roads. Just need people to get off the roads lol

Toyota I hadnt heard back from after a week! i called got an apology. However they have this week been in the process of switching from lookers to whoever they are now.

They are going to look at the car thursday.. with a view to fixing the problem or ordering whatever they need to fix it..

all they need to do is take a disc and go to london! lol that will tell you

• 8 years later...

Good afternoon since I brought the car Toyota auris in 2019 I have not been able to set the sat nav properly I can type the first part of the postcode but not the last part? Do i need to register the sat nav in my name. If you could help thankyou Barry Hawkins 

Hi Barry, welcome to TOC forum, I sure you will benefit a lot being a member.

re your problem. As the original post and the one before yours are over 8 years ago  I would suggest you start off a fresh post highlighting your specific problems. I suspect you will get a better response.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barry Hawkins said:

Good afternoon since I brought the car Toyota auris in 2019 I have not been able to set the sat nav properly I can type the first part of the postcode but not the last part? Do i need to register the sat nav in my name. If you could help thankyou Barry Hawkins 

After inputting the first part the screen will grey/fade the letters and numbers with the exception of the "space" button you need to select this then then letter/numbers will light up so you can add the second part e.g

PL75JY Will not work, it needs a space

PL7 5JY Will work

• Like 1