Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Hybrid - Clutch Problem

killiney

Hi there,

Could anyone please advise me on this? our 2002 Estima E-Four (AHR102000258) 74,000 miles, has a clutch problem (we think as not yet diagnosed), it is presently recovered off road. Symptoms include:

Just prior to recovery call out (20 miles to stop), car was sluggish to repsond to throttle either at move-off or when accelerating, though could maintain cruise speed easily. After the car was left at stanstill for 2 hours, car started but would not drive (hi revs and no drive). Winched onto recovery vehicle.

Transmission fluid level is very low, may be a low level, long term leak?

We (7 year old triplets and dog + week's luggage) had to decant into a class A insurance recovery vehicle to return home - not fun at midnight!

Thanks for your time,

Simon

I'm a bit confused :rolleyes: If it is an automatic, and the fluid is very low, it might have caused damage to the automatic gearbox, you might be lucky and just be able to add transmission fluid. It is an automatic??? It's just in the title you say you have a clutch problem???

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo,

aah yes, my deliberate mistake! it is an automatic CVT i think, the recoery mechanic thought it might be a clutch issue, maybe i misheard (more concerned about the kids, dog etc).

today, a local expert asked that i should have tried to select reverse at the time i was trying to diagnose the issue with the recovery mechanic - wonder what he meant?

the recovery mechanic will top up the transmission fluid later and revert, btw the transmission fluid was smooth i.e. seemd to have no debris and was fairly clear?

Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Kingo,

aah yes, my deliberate mistake! it is an automatic CVT i think, the recoery mechanic thought it might be a clutch issue, maybe i misheard (more concerned about the kids, dog etc).

today, a local expert asked that i should have tried to select reverse at the time i was trying to diagnose the issue with the recovery mechanic - wonder what he meant?

the recovery mechanic will top up the transmission fluid later and revert, btw the transmission fluid was smooth i.e. seemd to have no debris and was fairly clear?

Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links