Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mudflap + Wheelarch Liner Retaining Clips?

local hero

I removed my frt + rear mudflaps at weekend for a bit of refurbishment, and while they were off put the screws back in place, and there is my problem, On the frts the screw that goes upward into a nylon block fitted into tne cill, this nylon block is turning in its hole and i had to partially remove the inner wheelarch liner to grip this block with pliers, now i know Anchs removes things like this for fun, but i have managed to destroy, the two nylon grommets (square) and 4 plastic clips that the mudflaps eventually screw into (on the edge of the wheelarch) and a couple of push fit clips that hold the plastic wheelarch liner in place, do i take it that this means a trip to Mr T and 1/2 an hour looking at a computer screen in order to identify each little clip i need, which cannot be more than £2 for the lot (he says hopefully) or can i get them elsewhere, any advice welcome :rolleyes: Stew

If You can put up a picture of damaged parts I may well have some in the garage.. I certainly have a huge stock of stainless gear and should be able to find something that will fit... I never throw any parts away so have quite a few clips and retainers.. Worth a shot ? You can have em FOC if I can sort them .................

Thanks for very kind offer Charlie I will call at Mr T tomorrow and see what they have, but i remember once paying £2+ for a fuse, which i got 5 for £1 at my local auto electricians, Incidently i have ordered these mudflaps http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/p-1259-toyota-rav4-oem-style-mud-flaps.aspx

they appear to cover more of the body than toyota ones, but just wondering if they will foul my sidesteps :eek: Stew

I removed my frt + rear mudflaps at weekend for a bit of refurbishment, and while they were off put the screws back in place, and there is my problem, On the frts the screw that goes upward into a nylon block fitted into tne cill, this nylon block is turning in its hole and i had to partially remove the inner wheelarch liner to grip this block with pliers, now i know Anchs removes things like this for fun, but i have managed to destroy, the two nylon grommets (square) and 4 plastic clips that the mudflaps eventually screw into (on the edge of the wheelarch) and a couple of push fit clips that hold the plastic wheelarch liner in place, do i take it that this means a trip to Mr T and 1/2 an hour looking at a computer screen in order to identify each little clip i need, which cannot be more than £2 for the lot (he says hopefully) or can i get them elsewhere, any advice welcome :rolleyes: Stew

Advice? Don't try fixing any broken clocks :eek:

I,ve got the metal version of those clips the screws go in to (called spire speed clips) and like Charlie, quite a collection of misc other clips - you are welcome to come and have a route through. Those white square ones come with the mudflaps. Big Kev might have some???

White square ones in stock brand new, bought from Pie King and never needed.

Let me know Stew, but I thought these were mainly for body panels and valances ?

Big kev

In each mudflap, front and rears there are 3 hex screws around the edge of the arch, these screw into plastic captive retainers which also serve to hold the arch liner in place, i needed to remove these and couldn't do so without breaking them, then each mudflap has 1 vertical screw that screws upward into the underside of the cill into a square nylon grommet (like a little sugar cube) this has a hole for the screw and tightens as you turn the screw, Thanks for all offers of help, i will see what comes with the mudflaps, and call in at Mr T, :thumbsup: Stew

Thanks for the link James, I called at Mr T with my samples and had to give reg No etc then identify what i needed on computer screen, and told they would have to order them, cost for eight little bits £12+ Maybe I have become a grumpy old man (i have often wasted more than £12 on complete rubbish) but the whole procedure irritates me for some reason..anyway i will see what fittings come with the mud flaps and take it from there, Thanks once again :thumbsup: Stew

£12 is mad. Hope you didn't pay!

I wonder if your mudflats different to the ones I fitted couple of weeks ago? Mine came with just two of the 'spires' clips to use in an extra hole thta needed to be drilled, and a few extra screws to replace existing ones. Sounds like you lost some of the original (non-flap) fittings? Maybe that is what Kev has (I had no white square ones I can recall).

Shocking memory I have though, so who knows!

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought i would update, got some new mudflaps from direct 4x4, not sure i would reccomend them as most holes did not align with originals :unsure: however once fitted which was a bit fiddly they blend in well with the surrounding bodywork and seem to cover more of the cills/rear bumper.... The two rears are still different widths but somehow not as noticeable.. :thumbsup: Stew....4th pic is of my previous "homemade" mudflaps posted in error and i do not seem able to edit out.. :unsure:

mudflaps070.jpg

mudflaps064.jpg

mudflaps066.jpg

mudflaps135.jpg

mudflaps067.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links