Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommend Me Some Springs? :)

mikehudson

Hi guys,

I have a 54 plate Facelift Corolla T Sport.

The time has come to head south and wondered if anyone can recommend a good set of lowering springs.

I need a set that balances budget with quality. Slightly more in favour of budget though. I'm a student. Very poor..

If anyone can help then I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers guys,

Mike.

• 5 months later...

im in the same boat want my facelift corolla lower, price dosent bother me to much as long as they are under £200 i want advice on the best springs to give me between 20 and 40 mm drop, the best build quality and ride quality are very important any help and advice would be much appreciated

Hi Guys

I've used Eibach and Spax and Apex over the years all at -35mm and the Apex was -40mm.

After looking at all the options for springs only, for my 1.6 2004 corolla T3, I choose Spax - 35mm.

Went on fine and looks alot better with my 17inc wheels, the ride is fine not crashy and feels alot better almost like it should have been like it from the factory.

Also Tibs on here with his E11 (green) SR has driven my car with the springs on and he agree's that its not knacked the ride up at all.

Hope this helps abit.

That's great, thanks for the info I'll look into them, any one used eilbach springs..?

I think Eibach are basically tte springs rebadged, quite a few people on here have had them. Would'nt mind lowering mine by 15mm and getting some lightweight 17" alloys, think thats 30mm drop in total as the facelift is already lowered 15mm over the original pre-facelift.

oh cool i think thts what im gunna get either a tte set or a Eibach set thanks for the advice guys, cant wait to drop it, really does sit to high, looks so much better just tht little bit lower

just been looking on internet, Eibach springs £175 a set of APEX springs £105 if i got apex that would save me £70 has anyone used these? it says they lower 40mm but my car is a face lift t sport so would it lower about 20mm..?

Lower by 25mm i think, if your going for 40mm though your probably going to be putting a lot of pressure on your shocks as the cars weight will be bearing down on them more.

Not sure if its worth reading a few of the older posts to see how people have got on with 40mm springs and if they have had to use uprated shocks as well.

yeah but cus i have facelift i think the apex springs will only lower my car about 20mm to 25mm, its only the prefacelift it drops the full 40mm ... am i correct in thinking this..?

Yep correct, i just wonder if they changed the shocks when designing the facelift corolla TS. Hard to find any decent information these days.

Sure it will be fine, should hopefully take a bit of body roll out as well :)

My advise is you can probably get away with standard shocks for 40mm but it is border line as any more than 40 deffo need shocks too. Safe side is get shocks too.

Oh yeah I see what you mean probably didnt change the shocks, well I deffenatly need the car lowered so I'll probably buy the springs and if the shocks can't handle it I'll just buy an uprated set when/if they decide to go wrong

Oh yeah I see what you mean probably didnt change the shocks, well I deffenatly need the car lowered so I'll probably buy the springs and if the shocks can't handle it I'll just buy an uprated set when/if they decide to go wrong

Fair point, but I remember when I had bought a set of cheap ones and just one shock went. F*ck me it scared the crap out of me, every so often the back end would just swing like crazy. This was on a old school dub though.