Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Will Be The Last Time.

killie

Hi

Sad story but with a happy ending. I purchased a 3 door NRG auto for the wife

4 years ago. Never had a Rav and the other half had never driven an Auto. It turned out a marriage made in heaven,she loved the car drove it every day to her work shopping etc. all went well until last June. The Road Tax was due petrol prices going up. I convinced her to pat ex for a smaller Car, big mistake as we bought a 1.4 Auris nice car but so underpowered, had it a Month chopped it in for a Cooper S. very nice Cargoes like a Bat out of Hell. Problem is has Sports suspension, we live in Pothole City, Glasgow Car gets thrown around like at a ship on high seas.

So have now rectified my mistake of getting rid of the Rav, managed to find a 3 Door XT3Auto

Travelled down to North Wales last night to pick it up. From the Lady who owned it from new.

Early days but veryy impressed with the Car will try and get some Pics up later.

Apologies for the long Post just really happy to be back in the fold

Regards

Ian.h

Killie, got to agree with you on the Cooper S, I,ve just got rid of mine for a petrol Urbancruiser ( already have the diesel version).Great looker, and went like a bat out of hell ( early supercharged version), but the problems I had with the Mini where not worth living with. The worst being the terrible ride on Run-flats, eventually replacing them.

You,ve made a good choice coming back to the Rav4 fold, have read posts in the Auris section and whilst not a bad model, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Regards Clare

Hi Clare

Also have Run Flats think their on 18 inch wheels even on relatively decent roads can still throw the car offline

going to get the Rav cleaned up and take some Pics this morning.

Sorted Insurance out yesterday had some strange quotes from Saga online was £338 on the Phone £540

when I asked why such a difference they told me I wa getting an online discount. <_<

Thanks

ian h

Ian.. Hope the car lives up to Your expectations !!! A long way to go for a car but I always seem to end up at the other end of the country to get the right car !!

Good luck with it !!

Saga ?? Who are they ? I'm far to young to know.....

Hi

Couple of Pics as promised

post-54804-0-63819200-1334400365_thumb.j

post-54804-0-13409400-1334400409_thumb.j

post-54804-0-80358300-1334400436_thumb.j

post-54804-0-97664000-1334400471_thumb.j

post-54804-0-91400000-1334400500_thumb.j

Very tidy, lots of extra bling bits as well :thumbsup:

Looks to be in fantastic condition !! Looks like its been loved !!! Greatly envy the ability to carry a spare wheel !

Very nice indeed.

In case you didn't know, it is fitted with the Special Edition 'Graphite' alloys, which look really good :)

looks very much like our NRG :)

cracking cars imho

Nice! I want one of those nudge bars!!!! Wheels look great too :-)

Those alloys look stunning, very similar to the TTE wheels I used to have on my 4.1 freesport. Looks like you,ve got one hell of a fine looking Rav there.

Regards Clare

Interesting Reg number!!!!!!

Very nice indeed.

In case you didn't know, it is fitted with the Special Edition 'Graphite' Alloys, which look really good :)

Do you mean Granite? They look very like the ones that were on my 4.2 Granite.

I'm very tempted to go for the bull bar. Mt. T wants nearly £300 for one fitted which is a little bit rich but the OE one does look a hell of a lot better than the chromed after-market ones.

Nice car, Ian. Good luck & trust you have many years enjoyment out of it.

Jim

May I wish you all the best with your wee motor....looks in cackin' nick! Was the two door 4wd in the UK?

Cheers

A

Thanks for all the replies

Car has done 74000 miles full toyotavservice up to. 69000

So it's getting near the 8 years or 80000 service. Asked at Toyota in Glasgow

They quoted £411 for the full service. Is this a good price ?

Was wondering what they do at the 80000 mile service

Thanks Ian.h

Ian - That sounds pricey to me. I had intermediate service recently and they charged me £139 under Toyota fixed pricing. 'Full+' service is listed as £299. See details here - http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=AfterSalesService

Sometimes they quote for stuff like cambelt changes at a certain mileage even though there isn't one on these intervals.

That Fixed Price method seems to be the way to go :yes:

Ian - That sounds pricey to me. I had intermediate service recently and they charged me £139 under Toyota fixed pricing. 'Full+' service is listed as £299. See details here - http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=AfterSalesService

You do realise that the £139 intermediate service is literally just an oil+filter change?!

Did the exact same myself for just over £25.

Dave

Yeah but I have a 2000 Rav4 with only 40k on the clock and a full Toyota service history and wedges of receipts from the last and only previous owner who is a family friend. Seemed a no brainer to me to continue to keep the full toyota service history up. Pretty sure your £100 saving would be a false economy as it would reduce the residual value of my car by motre than any saving cos it would no longer have a tip top full main dealer SH. I'm doing less than 10,000 per year so unless circumstances change massively I'm only going to be paying out for a service once a year.

for me personally i don't care about full service history. had a couple vehicles with full dealer service history including a lexus & mercedes and they were a bag of spanners. i'm more intersted who and what has been changed at the service, so bills with oil type / brand, filters, parts etc.

i service my cars my self and the mot tester was impressed with the state of my 2005 sorento including the co2 and smoke test. while when i checked the mot history at dvla she had failed 3 times with the previous owner while he had full dealer service history done from new...

Thanks Ian.h

That price just a joke Ian.....stonking wee car but though (Glesga speak....) Get yourself an indie that will fit the parts you supply say from likes of Kingo. Bothy's friendly garage in Motherwell superb and thorough.

Your alloys seem to be a further upgrade to my wife's granite 3 door, in that yours have the wee bolts (falsers?) to imply they are split rim wheels....awfy nice. Would be surprised if you didn't have lotsa competition to buy such a wee stoatir of a moatir. If ever any "local" aid required on what I have learned aboot 3 door Ravs, I will write it all on a postage stamp and ye can have it....!!!! Only good at washing and getting better at machine polishing....sorta.

Big Kev

Ian - That sounds pricey to me. I had intermediate service recently and they charged me £139 under Toyota fixed pricing. 'Full+' service is listed as £299. See details here - http://www.toyota.co...terSalesService

You do realise that the £139 intermediate service is literally just an oil+filter change?!

Dave

I did the same and got the book stamped... Sorry I was not paying 158 quid for an oil and filter change...

Once a car reaches say four or five years old Dealer history is less important IMO..

So long as there is a stamp in the book its just fine....

for me personally i don't care about full service history. had a couple vehicles with full dealer service history including a lexus & mercedes and they were a bag of spanners. i'm more intersted who and what has been changed at the service, so bills with oil type / brand, filters, parts etc.

i service my cars my self and the mot tester was impressed with the state of my 2005 sorento including the co2 and smoke test. while when i checked the mot history at dvla she had failed 3 times with the previous owner while he had full dealer service history done from new...

I hear what you say but that doesn't change the fact that a car with full dealer service history is going to be worth more than one without or with partial.

Ian - That sounds pricey to me. I had intermediate service recently and they charged me £139 under Toyota fixed pricing. 'Full+' service is listed as £299. See details here - http://www.toyota.co...terSalesService

Dave

I did the same and got the book stamped... Sorry I was not paying 158 quid for an oil and filter change...

Once a car reaches say four or five years old Dealer history is less important IMO..

So long as there is a stamp in the book its just fine....

Thanks Ian.h

That price just a joke Ian.....stonking wee car but though (Glesga speak....) Get yourself an indie that will fit the parts you supply say from likes of Kingo. Bothy's friendly garage in Motherwell superb and thorough.

Your alloys seem to be a further upgrade to my wife's granite 3 door, in that yours have the wee bolts (falsers?) to imply they are split rim wheels....awfy nice. Would be surprised if you didn't have lotsa competition to buy such a wee stoatir of a moatir. If ever any "local" aid required on what I have learned aboot 3 door Ravs, I will write it all on a postage stamp and ye can have it....!!!! Only good at washing and getting better at machine polishing....sorta.

Big Kev

Kev Your comments about polishing reminded Me that I seemed not to reply to Your Email with the pictures of Your car...

Where I often stay in the Midlands I can receive Email but not send them out ! Dont know why...

I have tried to phone You !

Your car looked stunning !!!

Hi Kev

Thanks for the info on the Garage in Motherwell

I remember Bothy talking about tbat garage. Do you knowcthe contact details fir them ?

Regarding the wheels on the Rav , spent some time looking for tge locking wheel key.

Never found it. Was goingvto phone the previous owner to ask whefe it was then noticed the wheels dont have locking nuts. Need to find some ASAP

Noticed in the service history it was serviced in Wrexham lindrop toyota for the last 7 yearsgoing to call them this morning findvout if any thing major had been replaced in that time.

Wife is slowly getting used to driving it after a year with Cooper S.

Thanks again

Ian h

You do realise that the £139 intermediate service is literally just an oil+filter change?! Did the exact same myself for just over £25. Dave
I did the same and got the book stamped... Sorry I was not paying 158 quid for an oil and filter change... Once a car reaches say four or five years old Dealer history is less important IMO.. So long as there is a stamp in the book its just fine....
Thanks for all the replies Car has done 74000 miles full toyotavservice up to. 69000 So it's getting near the 8 years or 80000 service. Asked at Toyota in Glasgow They quoted £411 for the full service. Is this a good price ? Was wondering what they do at the 80000 mile service Thanks Ian.h
That price just a joke Ian.....stonking wee car but though (Glesga speak....) Get yourself an indie that will fit the parts you supply say from likes of Kingo. Bothy's friendly garage in Motherwell superb and thorough. Your alloys seem to be a further upgrade to my wife's granite 3 door, in that yours have the wee bolts (falsers?) to imply they are split rim wheels....awfy nice. Would be surprised if you didn't have lotsa competition to buy such a wee stoatir of a moatir. If ever any "local" aid required on what I have learned aboot 3 door Ravs, I will write it all on a postage stamp and ye can have it....!!!! Only good at washing and getting better at machine polishing....sorta. Big Kev
Kev Your comments about polishing reminded Me that I seemed not to reply to Your Email with the pictures of Your car... Where I often stay in the Midlands I can receive Email but not send them out ! Dont know why... I have tried to phone You ! Your car looked stunning !!!

Recent change to new phone has cocked up a few communications Charlie, so sorry if ye thocht you were dingeded....number still same though. STILL BETTER ON HOME NUMBER IF YOU HAVE IT...IF NOT SENZA TEXT.

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links