Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Will Be The Last Time.

killie

Hi Kev

Thanks for the info on the Garage in Motherwell

I remember Bothy talking about tbat garage. Do you knowcthe contact details fir them ?

Regarding the wheels on the Rav , spent some time looking for tge locking wheel key.

Never found it. Was goingvto phone the previous owner to ask whefe it was then noticed the wheels dont have locking nuts. Need to find some ASAP

Noticed in the service history it was serviced in Wrexham lindrop toyota for the last 7 yearsgoing to call them this morning findvout if any thing major had been replaced in that time.

Wife is slowly getting used to driving it after a year with Cooper S.

Thanks again

Ian h

70A Elison Court

Motherwell

Lanarkshire

ML1 2DN

• Telephone: 01698 265 303

Ask for Mark.

Interesting comments regarding FSH from dealer or not!....Definately an advantage, but again, think it depends on the type of engine and how old the car is. Must say a car without any history at all would be a bit suspect for me and I would walk away every time. However, if it was a petrol / camchain engine and it was running sweet and it had receipts or bills to back up the work...I would think twice......a newer diesel...I wouldn't touch with a bargepole unless I had full documented evidence that the belts and waterpump etc were changed at the right time. I went through so much hassle with that 1.9cdti GM engine......am still traumatised just thinking about it!

Cheers and Good Luck

A

Hi Kev

Thanks for the info on the Garage in Motherwell

I remember Bothy talking about tbat garage. Do you knowcthe contact details fir them ?

Regarding the wheels on the Rav , spent some time looking for tge locking wheel key.

Never found it. Was goingvto phone the previous owner to ask whefe it was then noticed the wheels dont have locking nuts. Need to find some ASAP

Noticed in the service history it was serviced in Wrexham lindrop toyota for the last 7 yearsgoing to call them this morning findvout if any thing major had been replaced in that time.

Wife is slowly getting used to driving it after a year with Cooper S.

Thanks again

Ian h

Tunza locky wheel nuts on eBay, Ian, and FFS.....you don't come on here advertising the fact you don't have any fitted.....Bothy might be looking in. PM me your address and I will come over and guard them for you until you get the lockeez....I will be the guy with the wheel brace in ma haun, and it will only be to deter thieves...honest.....

Generous Kev.

I went through so much hassle with that 1.9cdti GM engine......am still traumatised just thinking about it!

i think i will always have a trauma for live with GM ;)

I went through so much hassle with that 1.9cdti GM engine......am still traumatised just thinking about it!

i think i will always have a trauma for live with GM ;)

Haahaha Maybe......I've had Cavailars, Vectras and Astras and a SAAB aero all petrol and pretty much trouble free........my first diesel GM car after my Ford Mondeo oil burner ( the Fiat CDTI one! ) was a pile of sh@t and the most expensive waste of my motoring money history!.....Am totally paranoid about going anywhere near an oil burner again.....only problem is....I don't think my wallet can handle 55quid for 500km's in the Rav for too much longer.....so need to look out for a half decent motorway proof diesel.....that doesn't cost a fortune to keep on the road!,,,,,can I find a half decent diesel 4.2 in IKEA land?

I had a diesel Saab 2.2 TDi and it was never right through out my entire ownership. Lame.

Ian - That sounds pricey to me. I had intermediate service recently and they charged me £139 under Toyota fixed pricing. 'Full+' service is listed as £299. See details here - http://www.toyota.co...terSalesService

You do realise that the £139 intermediate service is literally just an oil+filter change?!

Did the exact same myself for just over £25.

Dave

I did the same and got the book stamped... Sorry I was not paying 158 quid for an oil and filter change...

Once a car reaches say four or five years old Dealer history is less important IMO..

So long as there is a stamp in the book its just fine....

My one is due for it's 110'000 service shortly,i'm in two minds,Toyota or not,...at £140 for intermidiate is just a riip off ,as i inspect all of that other stuff regularly anyway.

So will probably give it to my local garage,oil & filter changed for almost half that.

Rambler - I can understand that and I wouldn't blame you for going to an independent. I realise £139 is a lot to pay for an int service but I like the idea of keeping the full dealer history on mine up and my low mileage means I'm only going to be paying for a service annually. I've had my car nearly 4 months now. In that time my previous BMW had cost me £1,000s on brakelinings, track rod ends and ***** knows what else so if the Rav carries on being problem free I'm happy to pay the main dealer service prices. PLUS there are as yet undiscovered tribespeople who are more mechanically minded than me so DIY is not an option!

Rambler - I can understand that and I wouldn't blame you for going to an independent. I realise £139 is a lot to pay for an int service but I like the idea of keeping the full dealer history on mine up and my low mileage means I'm only going to be paying for a service annually. I've had my car nearly 4 months now. In that time my previous BMW had cost me £1,000s on brakelinings, track rod ends and ***** knows what else so if the Rav carries on being problem free I'm happy to pay the main dealer service prices. PLUS there are as yet undiscovered tribespeople who are more mechanically minded than me so DIY is not an option!

I'm happy to pay for the "other" services, but justifying the £139 for me was too much.

I'm as basic as they come mechanically, I'd never serviced a car before, but using the guide on here I believe everyone can perform an oil change. Mine cost around £25 for the oil and filter (high quality bits) and I had the satisfaction of looking after the car myself (did all the other checks as well).

4.3 point;

I spoke with the dealer (they called to tell me service was due!) and told them I'd be doing the intermediate services but they would be asked to do all the others.

They were happy with that and said that my oil changes wouldn't compromise any long term warranties (mentioned the 2AD engine problem) as long as proper parts are used.

Rambler-

As that doesn't effect you anyway I'd definitely recommend you DIY it!

Re the resale value- it only effects it if you plan to sell it! I'm planning on keeping mine for a 100,000 miles yet so servicing myself every 20,000 will save at least £570, prob half the cars value by then!

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links