Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Door Grab Handle From Interior Type Doors?

elt96jlm

Hi!

I saw that the 2010-11 interior upgrade also included a door grab handle for the driver and passenger door positioned in the area where the window buttons are located.. I personally miss that on my IQ from 2009 where you have to grab on the grey part carrying the tweeter when closing the door.

Question is, could there be a possibility to retro-fit the plastic piece with the grab handle used on facelifted interior, on the pre-face lifted doors? It seems this piece could be de-tachable?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon

it has already been covered by me last year. I have a 2009 iQ2 and as you did, noticed the new models had the handles. I bought them and fitted them. The only thing with them is that in the cup part there is a screw and cap. On the earlier model there is nothing for the screw to screw into but it doesn't matter it is held very firmly by the clips. I have a series of pictures showing me installing them ,I will up them again

David

Hi David!

Thanks for a quick reply! Would be nice to see pics from your retrofit.

BR

Jon

here's a few more. have a search on here i put the part numbers up and the cost all you need is the left and right panels and the 2 screw covers

David

post-109788-0-74722200-1334776894_thumb.

post-109788-0-92009300-1334776929_thumb.

Ok found the numbers

1 X T74231-74030-E0 Panel £10.86 + Vat

1 X T74232-74030-E0 Panel £11.62 + Vat

2 X T4223-12130-E1 Plug £0.44 each £0.88 + Vat

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

Sadly I didnt find any locations of the screws for those screw holes to go into. :( But a worth while upgrade.

Fish

That's a nice upgrade and looks nice and simple to fit. I'll be at the dealers next week, might try to get some of those ordered.

Cheers

Craig.

As you know Dan I have taken the door panel off a few times and there isn't a bracket there for it. No worry though its just a matter of clipping the screw cap in place , whipping out the panel, swapping the switches onto the new one and pushing it back into place. I think there are about 4 downward gripping clips on the plate and it works fine , no movement at all

Oh one thing be careful with the screw cover when fitting it into the cup hole as its easy to snap the cover bit off the bit that holds it in.

David

here's a few more. have a search on here i put the part numbers up and the cost all you need is the left and right panels and the 3 screw covers

David

David

A great and simple upgrade. I think I'll go for it. However, you mention 3 screw covers in your description, but only 2 in the parts list. Could you please clarify.

Thanks

Dave

Silly question but, how do you find these part numbers out?

I want a new panel that fits under the heater control panel in the iQ2 and 3 and is a simple curved plastic panel that clips into place. Do I just have to go and pester the dealer to look it up on their system or is there an easier way?

I suppose on that bit I could just take the panel out my car and get the part number from the back but I can only do that on bits I already have. :)

Craig.

Sorry Dave typo only 2 required they kinda arrive opened out so all you have to do is close them and pop them in the screw hole job done

david

Hi Craig

I know the guys in the MR T stores because i have been there so many times. I simply go in roughly describe the part i want and they call it up and we look till we find it. They have a lot of patience. If you can describe to me the bit you want exactly, I am going in there tomorrow i will get the part number for you and a price

David

Oh is it the curved piece that goes from as you say under the "V" of the heater control knob ( climate digital display version} to the panel that holds the Aux power socket. I think it had a groove down the middle.

David

Nice one David, Cheers

It's the panel that fits in front of the gear lever directly below the heater control knob and above the accessory socket. In the iQ1 I think it has the heater dials in it but on the 2 and 3 it is just a blank panel that covers up the front of the heater box.

I have a plan to integrate a satnav into one but don't want to start cutting up my only panel in case it doesn't work!

Here is a picture, I think mine is a black panel too, it's not the brown colour like the rest of the plastic anyway.

Cheers

Craig.

post-116364-0-64230500-1334780233_thumb.

So do you want the plain one ? not the one with the heater knobs cut out

David

Sorry, Yes, I need the plain panel as I have the iQ3 so all the heater controls are on the one knob, Exactly like the one in the picture except right hand drive.

I did contact a breaker on eBay who was breaking an iq2 and asked for the interior light unit and that panel. They replied with a price of £70, I hope that was a too much as I didn't buy it then. ;)

Craig.

I can tell you the interior light to buy from MR T is £41 and as far as panels go , the panel that goes either side of the panel you want and has a grill in each side making up part of the foot well is a one piece unit that costs £130 !!!! from MR T

David

Hmmmm, Not too cheap on their plastic parts are they?

Maybe that wasn't a bad price then. Don't need the interior light now but a new price for that panel would be great if you can get one tomorrow, then I can make a decision what to do.

Thanks for your help again

Craig.

Craig

Here is the part no you require.

55406-74020-C0. Its black and costs £51.46 ex vat. £61.75 inc. I did think of using this area myself fot my tyre pressure sensor display but it was too curved. Tot sure how you are hoping to fit satnav on it

David

Cheers David

I'll keep that in mind but may try a few of the online breakers to see if any used ones come up, I remember when you could walk into scrap yards, pull a bit off a car and give the scruffy guy on the gate a fiver on the way out, guess times have changed! :)

As for fitting a SatNav, well, My idea is to add a TomTom in there with an external (Under the roof lining) aerial and a concealed power supply and maybe remove the Battery from the unit and try to make it so it comes on all the time with the ignition, kind of like a built in SatNav but no idea if it will work or not. As for mounting it in the panel, I have a plan but will keep it to myself in case it doesn't work or looks crap!

Thanks for finding out the part number though and the price, very useful. :)

Craig.

I just tested my iPhone using the TomTom app after removing the panel and holding it just inside the area behind the panel and it picks up 4 satellites fine so you may not need an extended aerial

David

If you only wanted to use it for traffic cameras. You could fit it between the gear stick and the drink holder where i have fitted my tyre pressure unit. You could do what i did and "sandwich" the 2 halfs of the TomTom enclosure either side of the consul plastic aftet cutting out the appropriate size hole. It looks very neat. Power is taken off the back of the Aux power socket so no wires showing. Just a thought

David

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for the pics, wit will help doing the upgrade!

BR

Jon