Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot And The Dreaded Mil Light

curriedb

Given that the MR2 MK111 has a habit of throwing a MIL warning light - sometimes for no apparent reason - it's worth noting that the MOT test now (2012) includes an instruction for testers to fail a vehicle if the MIL light is illuminated! One of the best purchases I ever made was a code reader/MIL reset device bought from eBay for around £25 - several-years-ago . I'd say it's an ESSENTIAL piece of kit for anyone with an MR2 MK3 as a Toyota garage will charge you double the cost of buying such a unit just to tell you what code their reader has thrown up!!

Then there's the handbrake. I must be getting lazy... 'cause I didn't bother to adjust the handbrake before the MOT...and it was failed on excess travel! The garage wanted to fit new cables but all I had to do was follow Bob's guide (posted on the website several years ago) and it was fine...

Although I felt the handbrake worked OK (I've got used to the travel issue since buying it in 2003) I feel the garage wanted to see it fully on at around 4-5 clicks instead of the 7-8 clicks that's the norm for the MK111.

Car also failed on headlight alignment...not sure how that happened?

Anyway, back on the road again and looking forward to another year of fun from my MR2 - happy motoring, to Les and all MR2 Mk111enthusiasts!

DC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links