Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Clutch Bearing

Cyker

Is it possible to somehow inject grease into the clutch bearing without taking the whole thing apart?

While idling in another M25 traffic jam, I noticed a sound reminiscent of a squeaky hamster wheel which sped up as rpm increased.

If I put a tiny bit of pressure on the clutch it goes away, but releasing it brings it back again and from what I saw of my old clutch I suspect it is the bearing making this sound...

Any suggestions?

Is it possible to somehow inject grease into the clutch bearing without taking the whole thing apart?

While idling in another M25 traffic jam, I noticed a sound reminiscent of a squeaky hamster wheel which sped up as rpm increased.

If I put a tiny bit of pressure on the clutch it goes away, but releasing it brings it back again and from what I saw of my old clutch I suspect it is the bearing making this sound...

Any suggestions?

Highly unlikely unless you can somehow squeeze it through the pressure plate, but even yhour going to have to open it up.

In a word no! The thrust bearing is a sealed unit and even if you could intrduce grease, the bearing tracks and race will be worn, it would not cure the noise. Only cure is a new clutch. However it is not unknown for the clutch release arm pivot to squeak if it is dry, it is a slim chance but you have nothing to loose. Remove the release arm gaiter and see if you can squirt some grease from an aerosol down the back of the release arm. Only a little though you do not want grease on the clutch.

Regards Geoff Peace.

^ agree , I dont what its like on the yaris but the ball in sometimes develops a nipple on the slave cynlinder - sanding that down and greasing may help your problem.

Thanks for the tips :)

Strangely, it has stopped doing it so I guess I'll see how it goes! :unsure: