Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Average Speed Settings

gas2

Hi

The satnav on my T Spirit gen 3 is being over optimistic on the predicted arrival time . Can anyone give me an indication of what average speed setting you use for your satnav

Thanks

There is no real answer to this because only you knows how fast you drive. As a guide, set it for a bit less than your indicated cruising speed to allow for the inaccuracy in the speedometer and slowing down for traffic, etc. The best way is probably to keep reducing the speed setting until the predicted time becomes more realistic. Mine is set so that it gives a pessimistic reading so I know that I don't have to rush and will still arrive on time or a little early.

For me, 15 mph for urban driving in London and 60 mph for motorway driving gives pretty good accuracy.

I just set mine on realistic speeds too. And I don't mean speeds that you think you'll do, more like speeds that you're most likely to average. On a 30mph road you're probably likely to average only 15, and on a motorway it would be 60 at best generally speaking I'd say. Then on a sigle track national speed limit road you're looking at more like 40mph average.

Keeping them all fairly conservative seems to get decent timings.

thanks had a mess about with speeds and tested on a few runs 15,40 and 60 mph works well

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links