Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dual Mass Flywheel

med

has anybody fitted a single mass flywheel conversion / clutch assy . having vibration problems on idle, local toyota dealer pointed to dual mass flywheel failure, avensis only done 52000 .

shoot me down, but i've done 100,000 more than you and mines fine,i've heard of them going early,but not that soon

You should look at the Ford owners club website, specifically the S Max. Posters are telling of their dual mass flywheels (DMF) going at 38000 miles - 59000 miles!

As mentioned about diesels, DMFs and DPFs (diesel exhaust particulate filters) are common weaknesses. Add EGR to the mix, not forgetting the regen systems.

Have I missed anything?

That is why I am sticking with petrol, especially secondhand.

shoot me down, but i've done 100,000 more than you and mines fine,i've heard of them going early,but not that soon

I fell out big time with Ford when the clutch and DMF went on my 2006 Mondeo when the car had done only about 32000 miles and was still under warranty. Fords didn't want to know - said clutch was a wear iitem and down to me. Cost me £1500 - hopefully has cost Ford a hell of a lot more as I never pass up the opportunity of telling all and sundry of their ***** awful customer care!

With out a doubt vw has the worst dmf problems out of all cars I've ever worked at. toyotas don't have as big of problem with them as the Germans crates everyone swears by

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links