Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering A Celica 190.

Faz38

Hi all.

I'm new to modifying any of my cars.

I want to lower the ride height of my 2004 celica. Wanted it dropped by 60mm but been told I need to change the shocks?

So may go for 30mm,any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all .

Ive got TTE springs that do about a 26-30mm drop, I think their around the £130 mark. Best all rounders imo

I put on a set of eibachs on my 140, you dont need new shocks,FACT. according to Eibach they were supposed to drop 40mm but they dropped the car about 65mm to be honest, got 17´s with 40mm tyres and no rubbing and handles 10 times better, easy job to do yourself, never done that before but its so simple to do and takes about 2 hours to do the 4, you will probably have to buy new drop links cos when you do it you´ll see that the shock is attached and you´ll be lucky to slacken them off and put them back on, i was 20 quid for 2 new jap made ones from my work but you can get cheapos on eBay for about 8 quid, the hardes part is removing all the plastics out the boot to slacken off the rear strut tops, top tip; there is a rubber bush that sits "floating" on your strut pistonits orange and about 2 inches long, cut it in half when you change the springs, a spring compressor wasnt needed to put the new lower springs on but you will need a ratchet gun to tighten and slacken everything off. any questions on the whole process just ask mate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links