Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Is This Foum So Boring!

jedi134

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :D

Do you mean listening to the same problems of someones car over and over isn`t ? :huh:

One pie too many eh?........ :P

Forgot I had even typed that :lol: That's what you get for twiddling on your phone late at night :naughty:

Pie, Me? How very dare you ;)

This forum is not boring Ok not much input, so either one can asume not many problems with the U/C or that there are not that many owners of the U/C that know about this forum.

It,s like anything new, give it time and it will grow.There are quite a few forums on this site that don,t generate much interest ( Verso S to name one), but as I say give it a chance.

Regards Clare

If there had been any decent snow fall this year then I dare say that there would be plenty of chat about how goo they are or how bad. :)

Maybe many don't want to admit to owning a UC :unsure: let alone talk about it :lol:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Haha the Rav4 is hardly a Range Rover !

The Landcruiser and Hilux are Toyotas only real 4x4s :D

There aren't many UC's about. Very few up here in NE Scotland, only seen three so far. To be honest I'm thinking of changing mine but haven't made up my mind fully. The long distance drive I do is become more of a thought, lack of cruise, lots of resonance/road surface vibration through the steering wheel, (even the windscreen wiper can be felt through it), annoying under body resonance at 75mph takes the shine off the journey.

On the plus side the cornering is excellent as is the four wheel drive (needed recently) especially like the fact that you can manually switch on the 4x4. Decent sound system too. Might go for something two wheel drive and invest in snow tyres. Or fit a Howard May cruise.....still not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I still have the UC, the massive loss in depreciation was a big incentive. Having just fitted a cruise control to my Hiace camper van I think the UC will now get the same treatment. The very helpful man from Howard May told me that it's the same system as I've just fitted but unfortunatley no can ban connection available (yaris has) which would reduce the calibration time but that's no big deal. I will have to make a neater job of the wiring on the UC but that should be ok.

PS, I've actually seen another three Urban cruisers and now also think I may have bought a car for the ladies :-) I may also now fabricate and attach a large home made and roughly welded bull bar to restore the manlyness of my motor !!!!

PPS, I test drove a Kia Venga as a replacement for the UC. Nice and airy inside, nice dash and lots of extras but wheezy engine, and huge amounts of road noise were not so good. The UC is a Rolls campared to it.

Interesting comment on depreciation Steve, I,ve had my U/C 1.4d4d for 2 years this month.I bought it when it was 6 months old from a Main Dealer in the UK. I paid £15000 for it and was checking the trade in value for it the other day,horrified to find that as a partX it is only worth around £10500. I know you can pick the petrol version up for well under £10000 virtually brand new, but it really surprised me just how much the Diesel had dropped in value in 2 years.

On the CC fitting, please if you do it let us know how you go on if you decide to do it?

As for a girly car no way, you will have to treat yourself to the front grille apeture (in either silver or anthracite) to make it look more "Manly"

Regards Clare

If toyota made a hot hatch version an redesign the dash there would be more people on. The kind of people that would buy that car would customise it and have more isues to talk about. I mean talking about fitting an arm rest and stick on chrome strips on the grill and boot door edge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links