Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trade In Value

Big Kev

Shock and Awe....am toying with trading in Funnerburd Wan, my beloved SR180, SOME TIME THIS YEAR, and popped into a Mazda franchise here in Glasgowshire. They have just launched a new CX5 model recently, but I was more interested in the current CX7 which I saw on the road recently, and liked the look of it.

So.....bearing in mind my SR180 is in "above average" condition, retro-fitted with Style Pack, Toyota bluetooth Kit and Reversing sensors by trusted members / friends / cliqueez on here, I was offered a flat £13,500 (26k miles ish.) Full service history, 30k / 40k services and second MOT all prepaid, machine polished recently and shining like a new Charlie. Runflats gone but TPMS merely disabled, ready to go back to Runflats if you're nuts...!!!!! I didn't mention to the child who was "serving" me that there was a Kingo Chip Kit on it......that would only have incurred a THIRD visit to his manager (whom I enquired out very loud if he lived in a wee grotto at the back of the dealership, to the amusement of some nearby staff I hoped would overhear me....)

There was no further negotiation, so toodlepip Mazda and off to Mr.T., whose trade in value against a brand spanking SR like my Uncle Hoovie's, whom I hope (know) will offer me a protracted test drive in his withoot trying to sell me the thing !!!!!

Why am I contemplating changing.....? Coz I cannot find an undertaker who will guarantee pockets in ma shroud, and off to a friend's untimely funeral on Friday (good wan again, shcm....he benefitted thanks to nutters like you)....nothing to do with oil burning or future worries re same.....

Above may also put the one that Hoovie has posted about into perspective.....mine is a 2009.

Big (in no hurry whatsoever) Kev.

Trade in values are very low.. Dealers will only take a car on their terms.. The figures I have been offered for My car are just ridiculous. Only one dealer made a bid that was within reality and that bid was still several thousand below what similar cars are being advertised for..

The thing is Kev there comes a point where it is just financially not viable to part with a car...

At least You are not lumbered with a car like My one so why not try a private advert ??

Values for Your car are

Toyota RAV 4 Diesel Estate 2.2 D-4D SR180 5dr

(2008-2008)

Cost new £21,762

Valuation Dealer price

£14,574 Private price

£13,323 Part exchange

£12,107 Trade price

£11,669

The above are for a 2009 NOT 2008.. dont know why its come up so small ........

Input appreciated as usual, Charlie.....that £14,574 is very close to what I would expect, with negotiations open on Chip Kit, a spare wheel or 3, etc., but they were having none of it at Mazda.

If local Mr.T fails again in his negotiating techniques, will even phone that eejit at Lindopville....incoming.....

Big Kev

Dealers will give not a penny for gear like the Lindop kit.. In fact they would prefer the car without it. Spare wheels I fear are much the same as so long as it does not come with one as standard the car is complete..

Unless I am summoned south by next week My car is destined for the auction ring.... Now I realise its going to go cheap.. But I beyond caring anymore........

Charlie are you saying your only being offered around 3k for your car? What's the going rate for one around 10k?

I can't find the 3k bit either Charlie. Perhaps Jedward was going to offer you 2k???

Whatever he offers you under 3k I will gazump by £1

Welcome to have a go in mine, Kev :thumbsup:

I suspect one main reason prices maybe falling is not oily engines but the fact there is a new model overdue and that always depresses prices (just my opinion, others I know think different)

All prices of every car are very low.. Its just the climate We are in..

I was offered as little as 6500 in PX for a new Rav.. Most was 9K.. Now bear in mind that the new car would stand on the drive at three times the value of the old one and You may understand why I say there comes a point where it is simply ridiculous to buy a new one..

A car I may add that is lacking in the equipment level of the old one and drinks a lot more fuel !!

Yes the Auto is nice and for Me desirable.. Many though dislike Autos.. Plus a manual is the choice for those towing especially caravanners ..

Im not getting into oil again simple as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It does seem that trade in values are low across the board. As Charlie says, it's the climate we are in. Mazda have gone the right way with the new CX-5, low emissions and good MPG figures that will attract buyers. Still only 3 year warranty though.

Does it ever though make sense to buy a new car?

Only one dealer made a bid that was within reality and that bid was still several thousand below what similar cars are being advertised for.

Going rate for Charlies T180 say 10k private, dealer offered 7k below going rate of 10k equals 3k offer..............

I'll give you £3000.99 as anchs won't go the extra .99p :lol:

It does seem that trade in values are low across the board. As Charlie says, it's the climate we are in. Mazda have gone the right way with the new CX-5, low emissions and good MPG figures that will attract buyers. Still only 3 year warranty though.

Does it ever though make sense to buy a new car?

Brand new ?? Well I did when I was in business as the cars were written off or some of it was in tax....

Privately ? No not really . I would favour a say 3 or four month old one and take the initial saving.....

Really depends on circumstances..

If local Mr.T fails again in his negotiating techniques, will even phone that eejit at Lindopville....incoming.....

If I can assist Kevalino, just ask anoo

King Sales :thumbsup:

Only one dealer made a bid that was within reality and that bid was still several thousand below what similar cars are being advertised for.

Going rate for Charlies T180 say 10k private, dealer offered 7k below going rate of 10k equals 3k offer..............

I'll give you £3000.99 as anchs won't go the extra .99p :lol:

That makes LESS sense than the last post which made none at all ..........

Whose Chiwawa is that? (sorry, couldn't resist even though makes no more sense then half the other posts :D )

Well.....i keep thinking of chopping my Rav for something else.

But TBH ,the only thing out there which i like is.......the Mitsi Shogun 3 door ( new shape)

But......its way way way out of my price range.

And after all the vehicles i've had in the last 12 years ,TBH my sister & mother would disown me if i bought another one :crybaby:

MUST save for a house :(...can't afford to spend ££££'s on another car.

Trade in values are very low.. Dealers will only take a car on their terms.. The figures I have been offered for My car are just ridiculous. Only one dealer made a bid that was within reality and that bid was still SEVERAL thousand below Values for Your car are

T

I believe our little Green Gremlin, is reading that SEVERAL thousand in your post Charlie as SEVEN thousand . therefore market value £10,000 (not my figure) minus £7000 = £3000 ..:thumbsup: Stew

O I C now, I always thought several meant seven of......but it means: Being of a number more than two or three but not many: ....WTF? :unsure:

Silly word anyway :lol:

O I C now, I always thought several meant seven of......but it means: Being of a number more than two or three but not many: ....WTF? :unsure:

What was the planet you are from again? :)

Would your Favourite Star Trek Character be 'Several of More' possibly?

Never heard of Several meaning Seven, although I have always tended to regard "few" as usually meaning three (maybe that is equally weird?)

What was the planet you are from again? :)

Would your Favourite Star Trek Character be 'Several of More' possibly?

Never heard of Several meaning Seven, although I have always tended to regard "few" as usually meaning three (maybe that is equally weird?)

Not in the defence of our phlegm coloured friend, I must admit the expression in Glasgow " a couple of...." can range anywhere between 2 and 22 depending on any culpability or desire to understate.....jist a thought.

Big Kev

or maybe the phrase "I'll just be 2 seconds" could mean anywhere between 30 minutes and infinity when uttered by the typical female (and if any females on the forum object to that generalisation, they are clearly NOT tyipical females)